Question RTX 2060 not detecting

Apr 30, 2019
Specs
Windows 10 home 64 bit
I7 7700
corsair vengeance ddr4 2400mhz
Corsair 550 PSU
MSI B250M PRO-VD

Ok I recently just bought an RTX 2060 to put in my PC. The PC did not have a gpu just intergrated graphics.The Intel HD graphics is disabled. When I go to install the drivers I receive. This NIVDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this windows. I bought windows 10 at Walmart. Bellow that is this graphics driver could not find compatible.. Not really sure what to try or did next any help would be appreciated!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
That's why you cannot install the driver - if connected to the iGP of the CPU (via the motherboard) ,you're not "connected" to the GPU.

You've connected the relevant PCIe connectors from the PSU to the GPU? What connection are you using (HDMI, DP) ?

Have you properly connected all the PCI-E cables to the GPU ? Make sure the monitor's cable is also plugged to the GPU, and not the igpu. Do you have the latest BIOS installed on your system ? Try clearing/resetting the CMOS settings as well, if need be.

Regarding this issue, ""NIVDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this windows", are you installing the correct driver VERSION, i.e. 32 bit or 64 bit, depending on your OS build ? Try the 64-bit version.

Apr 30, 2019
Yeah the PCIe is property connected. I've tried both HDMI and dp without being connected to the igp and just get check signal cable on my monitor. I'll check to see if I have the latest BIOS. For the windows issue I'm downloading the 64 bit one.