Question rtx 2060 or gtx 1080?

Apr 6, 2023
I want to buy a new gpu and I don't know which one is better, I saw many reviews saying the gtx 1080 wins and on some forums that the 2060 wins. Which one should I get both being the same price?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Are these new or used?

The 1080 is slightly faster than the 2060, however I believe it also uses more power. Given the age of the 1080 I would probably default to a 2060, however the memory will be an issue moving forward. Makes for a much tougher decision, particularly in light of some of the new games released being so VRAM hungry.

What is the local price for a 6600 or XT verison?

Apr 6, 2023
Are these new or used?

The 1080 is slightly faster than the 2060, however I believe it also uses more power. Given the age of the 1080 I would probably default to a 2060, however the memory will be an issue moving forward. Makes for a much tougher decision, particularly in light of some of the new games released being so VRAM hungry.

They are both used second hand, 142 euro. I found an rx 6600 at the same price but it was mined for one year, it was never opened he said. What should I do?

Apr 6, 2023
Are these new or used?

If I get the rtx 2060? Would it be enough for game like forza horizon 5 and valorant, cs 2 etc?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
How much more than this is a new 6600?
Will you be able to save up enough to get that instead?

Any card used for mining is almost immediately a no on the principal of it, aside from the use an abuse. You have no real way of knowing whether the other two were also used for mining. Certain assumptions could be made regarding the 2060 based on memory, as my understanding is the this modern mining craze was demanding 8GB of VRAM (maybe confused that it was 4).

Without knowing the market where you are it hard to make a suggestion regarding saving up for new. The 2060 is right on par with a 6600, maybe slightly faster, and the 1080 is faster than both according to many charts. I think the hierarchy that TH did shows the 6600 faster, not sure by what metric.

Tough decision you have on your hands.

Apr 6, 2023
How much more than this is a new 6600?
Will you be able to save up enough to get that instead?

Any card used for mining is almost immediately a no on the principal of it, aside from the use an abuse. You have no real way of knowing whether the other two were also used for mining. Certain assumptions could be made regarding the 2060 based on memory, as my understanding is the this modern mining craze was demanding 8GB of VRAM (maybe confused that it was 4).

Without knowing the market where you are it hard to make a suggestion regarding saving up for new. The 2060 is right on par with a 6600, maybe slightly faster, and the 1080 is faster than both according to many charts. I think the hierarchy that TH did shows the 6600 faster, not sure by what metric.

Tough decision you have on your hands.
Alright so in the end which one should I buy? The mined rx 6600 is a no, and the others two could also be mined, but at the end of the day I still get more performance from a gtx 1080?

zx128k

Reputable
Don't get a RTX 2060 with 6GB of VRAM. The GTX1080/RTX 2060 is EoL and should be avoided. In games that support DLSS the RTX 2060 is far faster than the GTX 1080. You also have RayTracing support. A GPU should support all current features.