[SOLVED] Rtx 2060 or Rtx 2070

Jan 15, 2019
1.) I want to ask which manufacturer is more reliable, has better customer support, and builds a better rtx 2060/2070 in terms of cooling capabilitues, OC potential, and sound under load, Gigabyte, or Asus?

2.) Also, given that i'm building a pc with a ryzen 7 2700 for 1080p 144hz, should i jump for the rtx 2060, or the rtx 2070?

I prefer three fan GPUs, and am currently looking at:

ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2060-$409.99

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming White-389.99

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Gaming
White-$529.99

Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 Advanced Overclocked-$549.99

(Prices from Amazon)

Solution
More GPU power can only help you in the long run. If you are willing to pay for a 2070, go with a 2070. As far as who makes the best card, typically, people around here seem to recommend the EVGA cards quite a bit. The have excellent customer service and usually a very high build quality.

EVGA 2070 FTW3 Ultra Gaming

That will likely be one of the best, if not the best 2070 you can buy but it is the most expensive.

As for the cards that you mentioned, this ASUS card has the higher boost clock speed of the two 2070's you listed and has a $30 rebate on NewEgg right now:

ASUS 12 ROG-STRIX-RTX2070-O8G-GAMING

Not having experience with Asus's RMA department, I can't speak to their customer service. There are, however, plenty...

marek_shields

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2012
More GPU power can only help you in the long run. If you are willing to pay for a 2070, go with a 2070. As far as who makes the best card, typically, people around here seem to recommend the EVGA cards quite a bit. The have excellent customer service and usually a very high build quality.

EVGA 2070 FTW3 Ultra Gaming

That will likely be one of the best, if not the best 2070 you can buy but it is the most expensive.

As for the cards that you mentioned, this ASUS card has the higher boost clock speed of the two 2070's you listed and has a $30 rebate on NewEgg right now:

ASUS 12 ROG-STRIX-RTX2070-O8G-GAMING

Not having experience with Asus's RMA department, I can't speak to their customer service. There are, however, plenty of comments I have read about their customer service not being very good and some users having a little trouble when trying to RMA their cards. Haven't really read many bad reviews of Gigabyte's customer service for what it is worth.

Hope this helps at least a little.

Solution

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
1. Depends on the specific model - each company has their own 'tier' of products. I haven't seen any reviews of poor cooling being implemented on any cards really, beyond the blower-style of course.
Neither ASUS nor Gigabyte are particularly renowned for their customer service, but neither are particularly 'bad' in my experience. If you want the best customer service, there's a sizeable gap between EVGA and the rest.

2. For 1080p/144Hz, a 2060 is more than capable. A 2070 would allow you to max out more titles, for longer, but both can capably do the job