Question RTX 2060 or SUPER owners. Need your advice for this scenario.

damdam88

Reputable
Mar 27, 2015
I got an old system with i7 4790K and 16 gb DDR3 ram. Last GPU I had was a 980 ti that I sold about 3 years ago due to work abroad (wouldn't have time to game at all). Now, I'm looking to get a new GPU to at least handle my existing old system for the next year and a half. I have a 1440p monitor (60 fps) and would like to go through the games that I missed in the last 3 years (mostly single player rpgs, fps, AAA titles) and play the new upcoming ones like Cyberpunk. I don't do online or competitive gaming and would like to achieve high/ultra settings with 50-60 fps on my 1440p monitor. Less than 50 fps, I tend to start noticing for some reason. The 980 ti used to deliver that performance with games like Witcher 3 back then with minor tweaks in ultra settings, so I'm thinking an RTX 2060 will do fine for what I'm looking for based on the i7 4790+RTX 2060 combo benchmarks I read and watched online. I'm also considering to go for the Super version yet in the country I'm residing at the moment it's about 110$ more than the price of RTX 2060, which is hard to justify for a 5-8% performance increase, and I might just move on to 4k gaming in the next 2 years while upgrading the system so I'd buy a new GPU which kinda makes the whole +2 gigs thing irrevelant, I believe. Yet then again I don't wanna get stuck at 40 fps at some demanding game and wish I had gone for the Super version. Do you think those 2 gigs will be that important in 2020, early 2021? I'd like to hear your suggestions on which card I should buy for my needs.

Lutfij

Titan
You should be aiming for an RTX2060 Super but that is also based on the pretense that your PSU isn't crippled after all these years. Mind sharing the make and model of your PSU as well as it's age?

Better yet, list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Where are you located, if I may ask?

Reactions: damdam88

damdam88

Reputable
Mar 27, 2015
Thanks for the reply. I went and got RTX 2060 Super actually, figured might as well get the most optimal one for my needs and future proof it to some degree. As for your questions;

CPU: i7 4790K (stock)
Motherboard: Asus Z97i Plus (mini itx)
Ram: 16 gb DDR3 16000 mhz
SSD/HDD: 2 256 GB Samsung Evos and a 4 TB 7200 RPM HDD Seagate
GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus GP OC
PSU: Cooler Master V750
Chassis: Fractal Design Node 302

I'm in Turkey, import tax for gpus comes to about %15-20 on the US msrp, but I got this card from a local store and paid only 30 dollars more extra for what I'd pay in States so I think I made the right choice with going for a Super card :)

TRENDING THREADS