[SOLVED] RTX 2060 : please power down and connect the PCIe power cable(s) for this graphics card

Sep 20, 2019
I recently bought a colorful igame rtx 2060 (6 GB). I have a corsair cx450 (80 plus bronze certified) psu. I figured that since my system requirements are well within the limit the psu would be sufficient. The psu comes with single 6+2 pcie connector whereas the graphic card has 2 (8+8) pcie slots. Now when i plug the 6+2 pcie cable in one 8 pin gpu slot the error shows as above. Is there a way around the error ? Kindly explain the best possible way to power up my pc with details, i am not much into pc building and stuff. TIA...

Sep 20, 2019
Your options are getting a new PSU with the appropriate connectors or returning the card, if possible, and getting a version that only needs a single 8-pin connector.
In my area, this card is the cheapest...and the differnce between this and the next one is approx 90$. From your comment i am assuming that since this card is capable of running on a single 8 pin, can i use a adapter to fill both slots. Correct me if there is any flaw in my reasoning.

bignastyid

Titan
In my area, this card is the cheapest...and the differnce between this and the next one is approx 90$. From your comment i am assuming that since this card is capable of running on a single 8 pin, can i use a adapter to fill both slots. Correct me if there is any flaw in my reasoning.

Just because there are versions of the 2060 that use a single connector doesn't mean yours can. Power adapters are a bad idea.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
  1. Using the same board for higher power GPUs to save on development/manufacturing costs. If they can take the same board and drop an RTX2070 Super or RTX2080 in there, why not.
  2. Overclocking potential, even factory settings. If they have tweaked the card's BIOS to be able to consume more power, than it may very well need that power under a full load. Pretty sure Nvidia frowns on this, so it is probably just marketing.
  3. Either way, they hooked up the voltage sensors to the connector. You have to plug it in.

I would consider that PSU undersized even with a single 8-pin connector GPU. A bit surprised they included it.

With adapters you risk the power supply failing and taking the PC with it. Or worst case, it could start a fire when either it blows or the wires melt. Adapters always create additional points of failure, and poor soldering (or not soldering at all) is rampant amongst adapters.

Sep 20, 2019
  1. Using the same board for higher power GPUs to save on development/manufacturing costs. If they can take the same board and drop an RTX2070 Super or RTX2080 in there, why not.
  2. Overclocking potential, even factory settings. If they have tweaked the card's BIOS to be able to consume more power, than it may very well need that power under a full load. Pretty sure Nvidia frowns on this, so it is probably just marketing.
  3. Either way, they hooked up the voltage sensors to the connector. You have to plug it in.
I would consider that PSU undersized even with a single 8-pin connector GPU. A bit surprised they included it.

With adapters you risk the power supply failing and taking the PC with it. Or worst case, it could start a fire when either it blows or the wires melt. Adapters always create additional points of failure, and poor soldering (or not soldering at all) is rampant amongst adapters.
[/Q

The psu is from another build...guess i will have to buy a new psu now...thanks for the enlightenment....