Question RTX 2060 Problem

rustynetwork

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
i've been manually installing Nvidia standard drivers so far but today after a clean format i realized that i cant anymore, tried to install 5-6 standard drivers for my RTX 2060 and and no luck it just wont install,it says something like Nvidia driver not compatible with windows version, never happened before why now? then i installed the nvidia experience thing and it automaticly installed latest DCH driver instead of standard one which confused me btw, using w10 x64 and i just wanna install standard drivers again because it seems like standard version installs at least 1 more component than DCH does for example Nvidia NGX , what should i do ?

Are you using a prebuilt OEM system ? Have you tried using the DDU tool to do a manual re-install of the GPU drivers (see link below) ? Try doing a CLEAN re-install via this tool.

By the way, DCH drivers cannot be installed over a Standard Drivers, and Standard Drivers cannot be installed over a DCH Drivers. The choice must be made after a cleaning via DDU. To check which display driver type you need, right-click over the Windows desktop -> select NVIDIA Control Panel -> click on the System Information link on the bottom left hand corner of the NVIDIA Control Panel -> look at text that follows “Driver Type”. You should see one of the following : DCH or Standard.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Last edited: