Question RTX 2060 problems

Oct 10, 2022
Hi there.

So i have an RTX 2060 (ASUS TUF), that i bought recently to build a secondary system but i noticed very high temperature when idle, around 80ºC, the GPU seems to be always on boost, max core clock (1875 MHz), max memory clock (6800 MHz) and max voltage (1036 mV), looks like it is locked in that way. I already tried everything i know: DDU and and fresh install the drivers, fresh install the OS, tried both win 10 and win 11; I mess around power options inside Nvidia control panel and the energy options in windows; I even replaced the thermal paste and memory pads and thouroughly cleaned the card . Am i missing something ?

Thank you and best regards.

Hi there.

So i have an RTX 2060 (ASUS TUF), that i bought recently to build a secondary system but i noticed very high temperature when idle, around 80ºC, the GPU seems to be always on boost, max core clock (1875 MHz), max memory clock (6800 MHz) and max voltage (1036 mV), looks like it is locked in that way. I already tried everything i know: DDU and and fresh install the drivers, fresh install the OS, tried both win 10 and win 11; I mess around power options inside Nvidia control panel and the energy options in windows; I even replaced the thermal paste and memory pads and thouroughly cleaned the card . Am i missing something ?

Thank you and best regards.
This is a used card?

TRENDING THREADS