Question RTX 2060 Random stutters and frametime spikes

willox

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2013
Hi.

About three months, my GPU gave me a black screen for like 10 seconds, while i was playing Multiplayer Modern Warfare (2019) then returned to normal. That happened a couple times, then this weird stutter, frametime spike or my screen freeze for like a half second, happens randomly when im gaming. I did a fresh new Windows Install, trying to fix the issue, but when it was loading, the Windows logo screen seemed kinda weird (it was some kind off scanlines above the Windows logo) and im not sure that it has something to do with the video but im afraid it does. Im always up to date with the lastest drivers.

Anyway, ive been Testing on COD MW (2019), Hellblade, The Withcer 3 and COD BO Cold War at 140 fps locked on Rivatuner, to match the 144hz of my monitor, and VSYNC On inside the game settings with the same results. 1080p Medium settings all games, even with low settings i have the stutter issue.

Honestly, ive been trying to find a solution in several forums and tried lots of thinga that nothing seems to help. Any help would be very apreciated.

My Specs:
  • CPU i5 8400
  • GPU MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z
  • Mobo MSI B360 Gaming Plus
  • 2 x 8 gb 2666 Mhz HyperX Fury
  • SSD Samsung EVO 860 500 Gb
  • PSU Corsair RM 750 W 80+ Gold
  • Monitor AOC G2590PX 144hz 1ms

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Can you check and see what BIOS version you're currently on for your motherboard? What version of Windows 10 are you on at the time of this writing? You might want to download the latest drivers form Nvidia's support site and use DDU and uninstall your drivers, then reinstall your drivers manually in an elevated command; i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

How old is the PSU?

willox

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2013
Can you check and see what BIOS version you're currently on for your motherboard? What version of Windows 10 are you on at the time of this writing? You might want to download the latest drivers form Nvidia's support site and use DDU and uninstall your drivers, then reinstall your drivers manually in an elevated command; i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

How old is the PSU?

How old is the PSU?

BIOS version is E7B22IMS.2B0, Windows version is 19041.630. I have the lastest Nvidia Drivers 457.30 and did a fresh install using DDU. The PSU is Corsair RM750W 2019 version and its 2 months old.