[SOLVED] Rtx 2060 rtx user benchmark

Sep 2, 2019
Hello, I have recently purchased graphics card from zotac rtx2060 twin fan.

When I first got this GPU, and ran userbenchmark, it showed it was 106 percent outstanding.

After using it for 2 weeks, I have tested it again, and now its saying 82.4 percent.

It wouldn't have bothered me if I didn't got 106 percent in first place but since I have experience getting 106 percent in the past, current result is bothering me.

What could be the reason? Also, I have reinstalled windows, updated drivers and windows.

Solution
2 weeks is plenty of time for a number of other users to go on there(it's quite popular) and bench their 2060s.

I forgot, but make sure the gpu is set to either Adaptive or Max Performance in Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Power Management Mode(it's set to Optimal by default, I believe)

Yes, the quality of the power supply does matter. It's important to get a unit able to deliver good, clean power to all your hardware when needed.
If your unit can't maintain max output for extended periods of time, everything will run slower, or even crash, as a result.

EVGA doesn't have any known good units at that wattage if yours is among these: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/power-supply/#m=14&A=600000000000

["EVGA....

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Don't focus too much on that score - it is based compared to others using the same card.
You're just seeing more people having benched that card there than before, that's all, and some of those users likely OC'd their cards as well.

But just in case, are the gpu temps good?
Power supply make and model?
Did you enable low latency mode that came with the new Nvidia drivers? It apparently has some issues: View: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ct3b28/low_latency_mode_can_cause_major_stuttering_dont/

Sep 2, 2019
Hel
Don't focus too much on that score - it is based compared to others using the same card.
You're just seeing more people having benched that card there than before, that's all, and some of those users likely OC'd their cards as well.

But just in case, are the gpu temps good?
Power supply make and model?
Did you enable low latency mode that came with the new Nvidia drivers? It apparently has some issues: View: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ct3b28/low_latency_mode_can_cause_major_stuttering_dont/
Hello, thanks for your reply! I have kinda high GPU temp 85 when I play pubg and idle 38degrees, I have ordered water cooling for my CPU and GPU so I am hoping that would resolve the issue.

I am going to try your suggestion on low latency settings later on.

But I was thinking 20 percent difference is still quite high since it's been only 2weeks? On timespy, the GPU score is 7315.

I dont remember maker if my power supply but I think its evga 600W.

Would this matter? Cuz I got 106 percent with same set ups.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
2 weeks is plenty of time for a number of other users to go on there(it's quite popular) and bench their 2060s.

I forgot, but make sure the gpu is set to either Adaptive or Max Performance in Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Power Management Mode(it's set to Optimal by default, I believe)

Yes, the quality of the power supply does matter. It's important to get a unit able to deliver good, clean power to all your hardware when needed.
If your unit can't maintain max output for extended periods of time, everything will run slower, or even crash, as a result.

EVGA doesn't have any known good units at that wattage if yours is among these: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/power-supply/#m=14&A=600000000000

["EVGA. They have BOTH good and not very good models.

Not very good are the W1, N1, B1, B3 (Most models failed testing), BQ, BR, BT and G1 NEX models.

Good models are the B2, G2, G2L, G3, GQ, P2 and T2 models."]

Solution
85 degrees might be a little on higher side, whats your temperature limit set at?
use msi afterburner

anyway, try to remove side panel of your pc...if u get much lower temperatures (or similar temperature with better framerate) then your case airflow will need some redesigning

edit: just checked userbench...they seems to change baseline for 100%, it used to be gtx 1070 perf, but 1070ti average has average 92.2% now
baseline seems to be now 100% for RTX 2070

anyway mine moded 1070ti has still 105% score :)

Last edited: