Mobo: MSI B450-A PRO MAX
RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 3000 Mhz
SSD: Silicon Power 256GB M2 NVMe A60
SSD2: Kingston 500GB
Graphics: Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC 6GB GDDR6
Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo
PSU: SilentiumPC Vero m2 600W
Monitor: Iiyama G-master G2466HSU 165Hz
Everything worked fine for a year. About a month ago, I decided to install the latest drivers for my graphics card. Then it started. There is a stuttering problem in every game.
FPS remains constant, frame time jumps, for example, when completing a quest, entering a new location and similar situations. I combed thousands of threads on this topic, watched dozens of videos on how to deal with the problem, but nothing helped.
What have I done so far:
I went back to the earlier drivers (DDU), allowed the system to install drivers, formatted the disks multiple times, did a clean install of DRIVERS ONLY.
I reset the BIOS to the factory setting and updated it to the latest version, disabled C-state.
I was installing chipset drivers.
I turned on / off the system clock, uninstalled sound drivers.
XMP on/off – no difference
I turned off all background programs in the system settings, turned off all additional system functions such as "game mode" or "xbox game bar".
I sent the graphics card back under the manufacturer's warranty but nothing changed.
I have tried probably all the Nvidia driver settings and g-sync, v-sync and still nothing.
The LatencyMon program running in Idle shows no problems. I did all the steps from the video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgqG20z7cRo

I don't have the strength to deal with this problem anymore. I have no joy in the games, only anger and frustration about the smoothness of the game. I know that there are many threads of this type, but none of them have answered, and trust me - I have read too many of them.
I am considering selling a PC and buying a PS5, but this is a final step that I would rather not decide. I am asking for help again. You are my last resort. Please tell me - what can I do to fix this issue?

Solution
The calculated 384 watts is too low - the system may well work in some ways but at peak demands 384 watts will not be enough.

The GPU manufacturer's recommendation (500 watts) is more realistic. However, that wattage value does not fully take into account other power demanding system components.

Start here:

Best Power Supplies of 2021 - Top PSUs for Gaming PCs | Tom's Hardware

Not with the immediate intent to purchase a new PSU. Just apply two or three of the calculators to obtain a fuller assessment of your computer's power requirements.

Also do your own manual total and include every component. If a component has a wattage range, always use the highest wattage value.

Once totaled, then add 25% to obtain a "Grand...

Ralston18

Titan
Starting point = GPU specs

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N2060OC-6GD-rev-10/sp#sp

Verify that the link is a match to the installed GPU.

Specs list the recommended PSU as being 500 watts. Likely that that wattage was established under ideal circumstance and probably too low of a wattage for peak game requirements with respect to the current GPU and games you are playing.

Your listed PSU is 600 watts. I am not familiar with the make and model per se...

However, in any case, if that PSU (age, condition) has been heavily used for gaming then the PSU is likely beginning to falter and can not longer meet the builds overall power demands.

My starting suggestion would be a new PSU.

Start with the following link and use the calculators to determine the wattage requirements.

Jul 1, 2021
My card is Rev.2 but it is only one difference. Recommended PSU are the same. PSU is 1 year old. I will try with other but i dont think it will be it. It was used only for amateur gaming. Last one year everything was good but issue hapenned when I install newest version drivers from Nvidia. I think it will be software problem but maybe I'm wrong. I will try your sugestion anyway. Thanks.

Yes. I tried that. Also tried running RAM on stock settings (no XMP).

And....

1. You really now have stutters on every single game?

2. Do you know if by any chance you got windows update around the same time you update it your GPU drivers?

3. How about the GPU and CPU temps while playing what do they read?, Are you using MSI afterburner?

4. Have you tried to disable gsync, freesync and all those advanced modes, and setting Windows and the Monitor to work at "default mode"@ 60Hz? Does the monitor have some sort of reset to factory settings option?

Jul 1, 2021
Starting point = GPU specs

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N2060OC-6GD-rev-10/sp#sp

Verify that the link is a match to the installed GPU.

Specs list the recommended PSU as being 500 watts. Likely that that wattage was established under ideal circumstance and probably too low of a wattage for peak game requirements with respect to the current GPU and games you are playing.

Your listed PSU is 600 watts. I am not familiar with the make and model per se...

However, in any case, if that PSU (age, condition) has been heavily used for gaming then the PSU is likely beginning to falter and can not longer meet the builds overall power demands.

My starting suggestion would be a new PSU.

Start with the following link and use the calculators to determine the wattage requirements.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/6200/UmNjbg.png

Jul 1, 2021
And....

1. You really now have stutters on every single game?

2. Do you know if by any chance you got windows update around the same time you update it your GPU drivers?

3. How about the GPU and CPU temps while playing what do they read?, Are you using MSI afterburner?

4. Have you tried to disable gsync, freesync and all those advanced modes, and setting Windows and the Monitor to work at "default mode"@ 60Hz? Does the monitor have some sort of reset to factory settings option?

1 Gears 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, NFS Heat, SOTTR, even Skyrim . This is all I played since installation new drivers.
2 I tried to install from iso older version OS and newest. Problem is in both. I dont know is there was update when problem began.
3 CPU - Max - 70C, 90% gaming - 50-60C , GPU Max 78C (little too high but this is low price card so it is normal I think) on 99% load. Yes I'm using MSI afterburner with RTSS.
4 Yes I tried to disable this but then situation was even worst on v-sync, if I disable it, then was tearing also with stutters. I reset my monitor to factory settings few times.

edit: I tried also without MSI afterburner and RTSS but it is still stutter.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
The calculated 384 watts is too low - the system may well work in some ways but at peak demands 384 watts will not be enough.

The GPU manufacturer's recommendation (500 watts) is more realistic. However, that wattage value does not fully take into account other power demanding system components.

Start here:

Not with the immediate intent to purchase a new PSU. Just apply two or three of the calculators to obtain a fuller assessment of your computer's power requirements.

Also do your own manual total and include every component. If a component has a wattage range, always use the highest wattage value.

Once totaled, then add 25% to obtain a "Grand total" which is likely more real world applicable and provide some additional cushion for peaks and growth.

Solution
Jul 1, 2021
Ok. I replaced all parts - mobo , cpu, ram, psu.
Now it looks like:
mobo - asus prime b560 plus
cpu - i5 11400f
ram- 16 gb 3200 Mhz
psu - be quiet pure power 700W gold
new ssd - 500gb
new cable, new power strip.
It still stutter xD
It is possible that my gpu is broken? I have one more year of guaranty. Should I send it to the producer?

Last edited:
Ok. I replaced all parts - mobo , cpu, ram, psu.
Now it looks like:
mobo - asus prime b560 plus
cpu - i5 11400f
ram- 16 gb 3200 Mhz
psu - be quiet pure power 700W gold
new ssd - 500gb
new cable, new power strip.
It still stutter xD
It is possible that my gpu is broken? I have one more year of guaranty. Should I send it to the producer?

I know this may sound like a stupid question but, You did a new fresh clean install of Windows, right?

If you did, run userbenchmark with this new system and please post the full results link here.

Jul 1, 2021
I know this may sound like a stupid question but, You did a new fresh clean install of Windows, right?

If you did, run userbenchmark with this new system and please post the full results link here.
At this moment system is something about 1 month old. One more - I saw that textures have problems with loading. For example - I enter new locations, I see when good textures is appear on items, locations etc. It stutter when all this happens. In GOW example when I swim in boat to new locations it stutters in tunels (when new locations are loading). I will give you results when I back home.

Jul 1, 2021
I see, what is the resolution you are playing?, and What kind of detail settings did you had in GOW when this happend, low, medium, high, ultra?
View: https://youtu.be/HsMO7LIo42s

When frametime spike - it stutter . It is hard to see on YT but I think ,good eye will see it :p I play on "original" settings with dlss - quality. But it happens in every single game. Hot Wheels unleashed, FS 22, FS19 , skyrim , AC Valhalla, even on ETS 2 . On video is only "quick capture" but in game it happens often and "harder" .

Jul 1, 2021