Question rtx 2060 super 85c in video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2019
hello, I have recently built a new computer, I am a little concerned about my GPU temps. I have got the gigabyte OC edition with two fans. When I play games(overwatch, rainbow six siege, red dead redemption etc.) I get 65(loading screens, character selections etc.) to 85c degrees, I have read that the rtx 2060 super highest temp under gaming is around 88c, but is 85 bad? will it reduce my GPU life span?

my idle temp is around 35c and my fans' speed is maxed.

If your case allows for it then it might be worth adding a fan at the bottom as an intake. I did that recently (140mm) with a 2080 Super and saw a 4-5c difference in gpu temps when gaming/benchmarking. With this the intake is usually much closer to the gpu to force cooler air into that area. With front in and top/back out usually the path of least air resistance is above the gpu so it helps get hot air out but does little to help push cooler air into the gpu area.

Dec 15, 2019
If your case allows for it then it might be worth adding a fan at the bottom as an intake. I did that recently (140mm) with a 2080 Super and saw a 4-5c difference in gpu temps when gaming/benchmarking. With this the intake is usually much closer to the gpu to force cooler air into that area. With front in and top/back out usually the path of least air resistance is above the gpu so it helps get hot air out but does little to help push cooler air into the gpu area.

nope, my case doesn't. too bad.

Dec 15, 2019
85c just sounds like a lot Even for a overcloked version. And If your Idle temps are 35c when The fans are at full speed that is not normal i would say. You changed the fan speed to 100% right? How about fan speed while gaming?

the fans are at 100% all of the time, but recently I have noticed that the temps are not higher than 83c.

Status
Not open for further replies.