Question RTX 2060 Super driver crashing

Jan 5, 2022
Hello.
Soo, I've got this Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Wildforce OC for over a year now and I had various problems with it, but mainly on the first day I used it in my PC. However I RMAd it and got it repaired, and it was working perfectly for the long span of one year. However, around November of 2021, my computer started acting up. It was obvious by sudden artifacts appearing out of sudden and screen freezing, while OS either remained responding and trying to recover the driver OR just bluescreening with TDR timeout. So, I naturally just RMAd the GPU again.
I got it back again with reflashed BIOS and repaired cooling system. And just when I thought the issue was finally resolved, it wasn't. The GPU driver keeps crashing out of sudden in various ways, either by artifacts and black screen or just freezing.
Windows' Event Log successfully reports that the driver had crashed and after a while recovered (one time with error 14). I did various things to resolve the issue. I tried setting up custom fan profiles in MSI Afterburner, I reinstalled the whole system and freshly installed drivers. None of these solved the issue.
So I came to ask you guys for help, because I'm no longer being able to diagnose what's the real issue anymore. I benchmarked the GPU with Unigine Valley and it remained stable the whole test. The crashing occurs in totally random moments, though mainly during having the browser opened and gaming at the same time. But the problem occurs even when I simply play or watch something. The crashing occurs irregularly as well. It doesn't really happen every day, just like every 5-6 days. Pretty random.

Here's my specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Wildforce OC
MOBO: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
PSU: SilentiumPC Vero M3 600W

Jan 5, 2022
Well, I ended up RMAing the GPU. Unfortunately Gigabyte came to a conclusion that "GPU is okay, we've run tests and they were okay, no defect". I'm still wondering how did they come to this conclusion, when this GPU was acting up in two computers. I'm now running a borrowed 9600GT from my friend and it's working perfectly, so it's definitely not my configuration's fault. 5 minutes in Cyberpunk 2077 in 4K was enough to bring the GPU to its knees and throw out Space Invaders artifacts.

TRENDING THREADS