[SOLVED] RTX 2060 SUPER Gaming OC or Radeon RX 5700XT

xMysT3ry

Prominent
Aug 27, 2019
I am currently building a pc, and I have a little problem on choosing a GPU for the system.
I am choosing between RTX 2060 Super Gaming OC from Gigabyte and Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700XT.
For the CPU I will be using is Ryzen 5 3600 paired with Gigabyte Aorus x570 Elite motherboard.
Which of the GPU's above would be better mostly for gaming/streaming?

Solution
Hey, check out this CUSTOM GPU model from XFX.

XFX has officially revealed their Radeon RX 5700 XT THICC II, a custom Navi graphics card which has a cooler which is 35% quieter and 90% larger than AMD's reference model. Combine this with XFX's four 6mm composite heatpipes, and XFX has a custom cooler design that will make AMD fanboys scream.

The RX 5700 XT THICC II comes with a design aesthetic that's akin to classic American automobiles, using chrome-like elements and a large grill.

XFX lists in Radeon RX 5700 XT THICC with an August release date, which means that we can expect the card to hit retailers soon. :)

http://xfxforce.com/en-gb/Products/product-category/amd-radeon-rx-5700xt-8gb-thicc-ii-rx-57xt8dfd6...

xMysT3ry

Prominent
Aug 27, 2019
The only problem I found was that some of the RX 5700 xt / RX 5700 cards had or have some drivers issues, like crashing in the middle of the game, etc.

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
The RTX 2060 Super has indeed better cooling and almost similar performance as RX 5700 XT. But the FPS difference depend on the game. In some games it will be similar (the RX 5700 XT will have 5-6 FPS more than the RTX) and in some games the RX will have 20+FPS more than the RTX, but it all depends on the resolution you will play and the target FPS you want to achieve.

If your target is 60FPS then i would go for the cheapest you can find. Unless you plan to overclock and don't mind having high temps (if you're using the blower fan edition, i forgot the name xd)

I would personally go for the RX if you're going to get a custom edition that doesn't use the blower fan.

Cheers

Buy the RTX GPU ONLY if you plan to play any ray tracing games. Otherwise, there is no point in paying extra cash on the RTX GPU. RAY TRACING is in it's infancy stage right now, and not many games support RT on the hardware level/software.

RTX will become "mainstream" within next few years or so. Right now, only a handful of games support RTX and DLSS, and the image quality difference is not THAT high, which might warrant an upgrade (emphasis on "that").

Performance is key issue here, even with DLSS enabled, regardless of the screen resolution. Anyways, this is just my personal opinion though. IF you wish you can buy the RTX GPU.

xMysT3ry

Prominent
Aug 27, 2019
Buy the RTX GPU ONLY if you plan to play any ray tracing games. Otherwise, there is no point in paying extra cash on the RTX GPU. RAY TRACING is in it's infancy stage right now, and not many games support RT on the hardware level/software.

RTX will become "mainstream" within next few years or so. Right now, only a handful of games support RTX and DLSS, and the image quality difference is not THAT high, which might warrant an upgrade (emphasis on "that").

Performance is key issue here, even with DLSS enabled, regardless of the screen resolution. Anyways, this is just my personal opinion though. IF you wish you can buy the RTX GPU.
About the price. I live in a region where RTX 2060 Super and Radeon RX 5700xt are at the same price so that is not the problem. I was looking at that ray tracing and I quite like it. But then I found out the RX 5700xt which with better performance quite make the decision. But then another problem I found was some driver issues with RX 5700/5700xt and overheating (Overheating part don't mean anything because I would buy triple fan RX 5700).

Hey, check out this CUSTOM GPU model from XFX.

XFX has officially revealed their Radeon RX 5700 XT THICC II, a custom Navi graphics card which has a cooler which is 35% quieter and 90% larger than AMD's reference model. Combine this with XFX's four 6mm composite heatpipes, and XFX has a custom cooler design that will make AMD fanboys scream.

The RX 5700 XT THICC II comes with a design aesthetic that's akin to classic American automobiles, using chrome-like elements and a large grill.

XFX lists in Radeon RX 5700 XT THICC with an August release date, which means that we can expect the card to hit retailers soon. :)

http://xfxforce.com/en-gb/Products/product-category/amd-radeon-rx-5700xt-8gb-thicc-ii-rx-57xt8dfd6

27125446705s.jpg

Last edited:
Solution