[SOLVED] RTX 2060 Super or 5700 XT

iTSNoTLuCK

Prominent
Aug 12, 2019
Hi guys,
I am looking at upgrading my PC near the end of this year and I was a bit torn between RX 5700 XT and the RTX 2060 Super. Here is my pcpartpicker list of things I would be pairing the card with https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/XPknzN. The games I would be playing are GTA V (Maybe VI when it comes out), Valorant, and just whatever games become popular in the next 2-3 years. I was wondering which of these cards would be the best choice for these games.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Are you saying if I get the b450 tomahawk max I won't have to flash the bios?
Correct. All the MSI motherboards with the ‘Max’ branding come with a BIOS that supports 3000 series out of the box. You may still want to update the BIOS as it is likely the BIOS will be out of date but whatever version is installed will support 3000 series.

iTSNoTLuCK

Prominent
Aug 12, 2019
Before the end of the year new gpu’s are being released so there will likely be a better option at this price point. Also a key factor might be the exact psu you have?
My pcpartpicker list is there and I was thinking of a 80+ bronze 600w unit which I can get for around 100nzd. Also I doubt even the lowest end 3000 series card will fit in my budget although I don't really know what I'm talking about. I'm trying to stay around $2000nzd and hopefully get a couple hundred off around black friday sales.

iTSNoTLuCK

Prominent
Aug 12, 2019
Before the end of the year new gpu’s are being released so there will likely be a better option at this price point. Also a key factor might be the exact psu you have?
Also sorry I didn't really specify but I was looking at an entire new rig because I was also looking for the experience of building my own computer.

Also sorry I didn't really specify but I was looking at an entire new rig because I was also looking for the experience of building my own computer.
Didn’t realise it was a new build. There are also new Ryzen CPU’s being released. The psu is fairly low quality, the minimum Id recommend quality wise for a gaming pc would be the Corsair CX550 or 650. The bronze rating is only for efficiency and not quality of components and build. A gaming pc puts the psu under high load for long periods of time (gaming loads), it needs to be good quality.

That motherboard might need a BIOS update before it will support a 3000 series cpu and that will be a problem if you don’t have a 1000 or 2000 series cpu. It also is know to have vrm’s that run hot
View: https://youtu.be/EqQcgwz1hYA

As for RTX 2060 S or XT5700, the XT570 is the stronger gpu. However is uses more power, runs hotter and there are still numerous reports of people having driver issues. Personally if I had to choose today I’d pick the RTX2060 S for no hassle but many would suggest the XT5700.

However with new GPU’s and CPU’s launching before the end of the year I strongly recommend you ask again when you are ready to build as most likely we would be recommending different components.

iTSNoTLuCK

Prominent
Aug 12, 2019
Didn’t realise it was a new build. There are also new Ryzen CPU’s being released. The psu is fairly low quality, the minimum Id recommend quality wise for a gaming pc would be the Corsair CX550 or 650. The bronze rating is only for efficiency and not quality of components and build. A gaming pc puts the psu under high load for long periods of time (gaming loads), it needs to be good quality.

That motherboard might need a BIOS update before it will support a 3000 series cpu and that will be a problem if you don’t have a 1000 or 2000 series cpu. It also is know to have vrm’s that run hot
View: https://youtu.be/EqQcgwz1hYA

As for RTX 2060 S or XT5700, the XT570 is the stronger gpu. However is uses more power, runs hotter and there are still numerous reports of people having driver issues. Personally if I had to choose today I’d pick the RTX2060 S for no hassle but many would suggest the XT5700.

However with new GPU’s and CPU’s launching before the end of the year I strongly recommend you ask again when you are ready to build as most likely we would be recommending different components.
Yeah I will definitely look at my options when I'm ready to build, I was looking at a b550 board but to get something the same quality was at least $100 more expensive and I don't think I would be ready to spend that extra money also I will definitely look at a better psu.

Yeah I will definitely look at my options when I'm ready to build, I was looking at a b550 board but to get something the same quality was at least $100 more expensive and I don't think I would be ready to spend that extra money also I will definitely look at a better psu.
The MSI B450 ‘Max’ range are highly reviewed and should be similar price to the ASUS. The ‘Max’ range definitely come with a 3000 series ready BIOS do you don’t have that problem. If you look in that video the MSI B450 Tomahawk Max comes out much better in the VRM comparison.

iTSNoTLuCK

Prominent
Aug 12, 2019
The MSI B450 ‘Max’ range are highly reviewed and should be similar price to the ASUS. The ‘Max’ range definitely come with a 3000 series ready BIOS do you don’t have that problem. If you look in that video the MSI B450 Tomahawk Max comes out much better in the VRM comparison.
Are you saying if I get the b450 tomahawk max I won't have to flash the bios?

TRENDING THREADS