[SOLVED] RTX 2060 super PC restarts

Jul 16, 2020
hey everyone,
I owe RTX 2060 SUPER since April and everything was fine until 2 weeks ago when suddenly my computer started restarting itself.
I have replaced almost everything on my computer and 3 days after the replacement the restarting returned.
before RTX 2060 I had GTX 750 TI and it worked fine

before replacement :
Intel I5 4690
Gigabyte GA-H97-HD3 DDR3
G.Skiil 2X4 GB DDR3
SSD Intel 120 G
SSD Samsung 240 G
WD 1 T
SeaSonic 600 W

after replacement :
Intel I5 9600KF
ASUS ROG STRIX B365-F Gaming
Kingstone HyperX Fury Black 2X8 G
SSD Intel 120 G
SSD Samsung 240 G
WD 1 T
Antec 650W

what can cause it ?

thanks a lot!

Solution
my friend suggested maybe the case causing it
Maybe. Not something that would normally cause this type of problem but it is something the old and new system shared. Maybe a faulty power switch could cause this. You could try unplugging all the case wires, you will need to use a metal object (screwdriver, paper clip or something similar) to short the power pins briefly to get the pc to start.
Jul 16, 2020
Sorry but I have nearly run out of ideas. You have essentially a new pc. The only thing you have from the original pc are the drives. Seems very unlikely to be the cause but can you try removing the drives that do not have Windows and testing again?

Maybe. Not something that would normally cause this type of problem but it is something the old and new system shared. Maybe a faulty power switch could cause this. You could try unplugging all the case wires, you will need to use a metal object (screwdriver, paper clip or something similar) to short the power pins briefly to get the pc to start.

Reactions: Kevinjayyyy
Solution
Jul 9, 2020
I’m very interested in the cause and fix of this because I have the EXACT same situation going on. I have an rtx2070 super and my pc is doing the same thing it’s like my power goes out like my gf pulled the plug but she didn’t XD