[SOLVED] RTX 2060 Super Screen character glitch and color glitch

maz3nugget

Reputable
Jan 4, 2020
I recently bought a rtx 2060 super from best buy. I have a i7 9700k and a msi b360 gaming plus motherboard and a 600w power supply. I plugged in the 2060 super and installed the drivers from geforce experience. I launched modern warfare at about medium graphics settings and I was getting very low fps (probably due to 8gb ram)
About 10 mins into playing, the screen started glitching out with a bunch of random characters covering the screen and different colors flashing. I could not control or do anything with the mouse or windows shortcuts. The screen turned off and rebooted. I signed back onto my pc and after about 5mins the process repeated. I pulled out the rtx and put back in my old 1060 3gb and everything was working fine (after installing drivers back for it). Then I uninstalled geforce without a graphics card and re-installed it with the rtx in, and same issue came back when it started up. Is there any way to fix this or did I get a faulty graphics card?

Jan 4, 2020
Try more games but i think you might have got a faulty card you dont need to instal drivers 1060 and 2060 uses the same drivers. As both support the latest drivers.

maz3nugget

Reputable
Jan 4, 2020
Try more games but i think you might have got a faulty card you dont need to instal drivers 1060 and 2060 uses the same drivers. As both support the latest drivers.
Ok thank you, I didn't want to really accept the fact that that is the truth. I also recently got a oculus rift s which was faulty. I didn't think my chances were that bad. Thank you for your help.

maz3nugget

Reputable
Jan 4, 2020
Ok thank you, I didn't want to really accept the fact that that is the truth. I also recently got a oculus rift s which was faulty. I didn't think my chances were that bad. Thank you for your help.
also the card works for about 5 mins without running anything anything on the pc. The screen glitch happens just on my windows dashboard