[SOLVED] RTX 2060 temperature is 50 in idle

Vladi Khachaturian

Commendable
Nov 15, 2020
Hello everyone! So i have a RTX 2060 and it is 50-55C without any load, in idle
In games, with 80-99 load (Like Control) the temperature is 64-65C. Think that's great, but i worry about 50C in idle
No idea why is and is it ok
Thanks in advance!

Ps. I have a 2060 by Asus

Solution
It probably has a 0db fan feature. The fans turn off under a specific temperature, to reduce noise mainly, but it helps with dust too. That makes the temp hover around 50ish depending on ambient temps. Mine hovers around 40 when the fans are off and ambient temps are around 15°C
It probably has a 0db fan feature. The fans turn off under a specific temperature, to reduce noise mainly, but it helps with dust too. That makes the temp hover around 50ish depending on ambient temps. Mine hovers around 40 when the fans are off and ambient temps are around 15°C

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution
Yeah as Prad-Bitt has said, my RTX 2060 fans dont kick in until the temp's get upto something like 60-65 degrees but my idle temps are lower, usually in the late 20's early 30's. What kind of airflow does your case have?
Yeah airflow is a factor for idle temps too. Mine used to be 40, but since it's winter and my ac is off I decided to put a whiter fan curve on my pc, and that causes my temps to be higher on the gpu, usually around 55° idle

Reactions: kurdtnz