Question RTX 2060 Temps

Talinthus

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
I have a RTX 2060 XC black gpu and ive noticed through msi afterburner my temperatures are unnaturally high.
Ive even replaced the thermal paste.
Idle its anywhere from 35C-38C But whenever im playing a game like apex legends maxed out its anywhere from 68C-78C but if you look at reviews the temps are normally around 68C when maxed out in game.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Neither of those should be considered a bad temperature for a GPU. Not sure about Turing but most Pascal reference cards were set to throttle at 83C, and some of the aftermarket cards were set to throttle at 73C for quieter operation.

If they have done the same here, 68C might just be the throttle point on those particular cards. and 78C a normal maximum point.

I would install EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner to confirm what the temperature throttle point is set at. Or just go ahead and start overclocking (or underclocking if you like the low temperatures)

Talinthus

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
Neither of those should be considered a bad temperature for a GPU. Not sure about Turing but most Pascal reference cards were set to throttle at 83C, and some of the aftermarket cards were set to throttle at 73C for quieter operation.

If they have done the same here, 68C might just be the throttle point on those particular cards. and 78C a normal maximum point.

I would install EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner to confirm what the temperature throttle point is set at. Or just go ahead and start overclocking (or underclocking if you like the low temperatures)
I have afterburner open during gaming to monitor it. But the threshold that it starts out with is 83°C

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
And it isn't hitting it and I assume the core clocks are good?

If you want it cooler just up the fan curve a little. Trade noise for temps.

Also you don't know how cool or warm the rooms those other examples were in or the general cooling of their systems. If they have 6 120mm fans blowing 68F air into the case (or have an open test bench) and you don't you probably won't be able to match them. Also people will often post great numbers from cool starts and other things to look impressive.