May 15, 2020
I recently decided it was time to upgrade my pc due to money issue i decided to go for a new GPU (the problem child) new CPU cooler and of course a power supply. The problem started when i didn't see any sort of increase in frames at all in fact it appeared more laggy. Asking questions and doing research it looked like my cpu an AMD FX 8320 at the time, was bottlenecking my GPU's performance as it was at 80-100% percent usage playing certain games while my new graphics card was sitting at an easy 20%. This then caused me to upgrade completely and get a new CPU, Mobo and Ram.

New Build:
MSI RTX 2060 Gaming x
Ryzen 5 3600
Aorus b450
Corsair Vengence DDR4 3200mhz (2x8gb)
Coolermaster CPU liquid cooler
Corsair PSU 700w

Now after this complete overhaul the frames did increase and i did start to see usage increase however it still seems to be very inconsistent and sluggish. In fact while playing (a not so visually demanding game) it suddenly dropped and i had a FPS of 20 (instead of the usual 120) and a GPU usage of 20% and CPU 50% this then returned back to normal. The inconsistencies are also met with the GPU not touching temperatures over 60 while playing games meaning the fans are barely in use. I'm not sure if im doing something wrong, i've got an updated bios i've installed the drivers more then 5 times and im just seeking advice or suggestions as to why this could be.

TRENDING THREADS