Question RTX 2060 Ventus XS not listed in device manager

Jun 4, 2019
Win 10 64-bit not "compatible" with Nvidia drivers. Device manager does not see the RTX 2060. None of this is making any sense to me. Frustrated and stuck in on-board graphics mode.

No idea what to do, where to go to get help.

Jun 4, 2019
GeForce Experience says my Win 10 is not compatible and going through every option in driver selection gives me "driver not compatible with your version of windows"

Win 10 64-bit not "compatible" with Nvidia drivers. Device manager does not see the RTX 2060. None of this is making any sense to me. Frustrated and stuck in on-board graphics mode.

No idea what to do, where to go to get help.

What does it say under the Device Manager settings, "Microsoft Basic Windows Adapter" ? Is there a yellow exclamation mark next to it ?

Are you having a prebuilt OEM system ? Just make sure you are installing the GAME ready drivers/GRD, and not the Creator version/CRD. Also, there are 2 driver types, DCH and Standard. Which one did you install ?

By the way, DCH drivers cannot be installed over Standard Drivers, and Standard Drivers cannot be installed over DCH Drivers. The choice must be made after a cleaning via DDU.

To check which display driver type you need, right-click over the Windows desktop -> select NVIDIA Control Panel -> click on the System Information link on the bottom left hand corner of the NVIDIA Control Panel -> look at text that follows “Driver Type”. You should see one of the following : DCH or Standard, assuming you are able to install the drivers.

Just make sure you are installing the correct driver version as well, i.e 64-bit if using a 64-bit OS, and not 32-bit.

Jun 4, 2019
Says "Microsoft Basic Windows Adapter" with no exclamation.

It's a built system, not OEM. Tried the Standard. Nvidia Control Panel does not appear on right click though the option to access it is displayed ... crap, I forget where... but was not clickable.

Went through all of the options: GeForce 2060, Win 10 64-bit, Standard and avoided the Laptop version.

After getting the "incompatible" message a couple times I DL'd the Nvidia Experience and had it do its thing. Same result.

I did not know of the DDU cleaning option. Will DL it and run it after work, then reinstall.

If that doesn't work, I'll check the BIOS for Disable On-board Video Adapter and start over.

The help is much appreciated!