[SOLVED] RTX 2060 vs RX 5600XT

Apr 28, 2020
Hello,

I just returned a gigabyte 3-fan RX 5600 XT yesterday. I had black screen/driver issues and after a few days trying to fix it, I gave up and returned it.

If I order another Rx 5600XT could I have better luck? Not all people seem to have driver issues with this card.

I'm in Canada, so if I want to get an RTX 2060 the cheapest one is 429$ CAD
whereas another Gigabyte RX 5600 XT is 379$ CAD.

That's why the AMD card is still appealing ($60 difference). What would you guys do? Switch to NVIDIA or give AMD another shot?

Thanks for your time

Solution
Then this sounds like a GPU or a driver issue, imo, though I'm not 100% sure. Instead of taking another risk to buy the same GPU again, it would be much better if you can switch over to the NVIDIA RTX series...
Apr 28, 2020
I really can't comment on this issue. Apart from the black screen/driver issues, what else did you face with the new card ? What was your previous GPU ?

Did that card fine on your current system, before you had any plans for an upgrade ? What's the make/model of your PSU ?

Sorry I guess I should have put more details. My old card is an R9 280x. Still works great, using it now. My power supply is Corsair 550w so that is not the issue.

Because the new AMD cards are known to have issues I figured it was more likely driver issues than a DOA card.

The issues I had with the RX 5600xt: Once drivers are installed, I get random black screen crashes. Sometimes I could play a game for 30 minutes and have no issues, other times it would crash 5 seconds after logging in to windows.