RTX 2060 vs VEGA 56 Overclock for Beginners

emrenkaya

Prominent
Sep 8, 2017
Im building a system and i cant decide what to choose for gpu. I have ryzen 5 2600 and ddr4 2x8 3200 mhz ram. This will be my first system so i dont know anything about overclocking. Should i choose vega 56 and overclock it which i heard really good things about its oc perf or choose rtx2060 which has a 6 gb vram and scares me little bit?

Is oc of vega 56 easy for an amateur? Ill buy msi b450 tomahawk or gaming plus if their vrms are enough.

It's about the same either way, oc performance is not guaranteed. Every card is different and the purpose of overclocking is to extract that last bit of performance that your gpu is capable of. So for me overclocking is an ever evolving process, I'm always tweaking and messing with different settings and configs to see what the hardware will do. Some might just set an oc and never touch the settings again, either way you are just taking advantage of performance that the manufacturer isn't necessarily giving you. By the way I'd go vega, at least most of them will show a display

TRENDING THREADS