[SOLVED] RTX 2060 weird graphics, red vertical line ?

jerry_96

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Hi guys,

im facing these weird issue while playing games , the red vertical line with black screen suddenly appearing then games screen become freeze for 1ms but then disappear on its own. What was the culprit for this issues?

notes : this problem appear with game less demanding title, fifa 19, pes 2021, gta v online/offline , resident evil 3 , metro last light redux.
But on these game there were no vertical line appear;star wars fallen of jedi order, rdr 2.

The gpu temp also normal, 60-65c.

on the windows event viewer also no error

My system specs:

-rtx 2060 zotac twin fan gaming brand new
-Monitor 144hz full hd philips model 242M69 27inch brand new
  • ryzen 5 3600x brand new
  • hdd seagate 7200 rpm 1tb used
  • ssd nvme gigabyte 512gb
-motherboard Asus b550m-A
  • ddr 4 2666mhz 8gb*2 dual channel
  • psu corsair rm 750w brand New
Things i have tried so far;
-Swapping display port cable
-reseating gpu on pcie slot
- replacing psu, before was thermaltake litepower model 550w
-reseating ram
  • swap game location between hdd and ssd nvme.
  • update nvidia graphics driver to the latest version , roll back to old version

Last edited:
Solution
Gsync happens at the monitor level, not the gpu as such. Inside the monitor is a special circuit that's made by/for nvidia and added. When you enable Gsync by control panel, that circuit is enabled and communicates with the gpu back and forth, physically changing your refresh rate to line up with the gpu output, upto the maximum monitor refresh. Gsync only works at below refresh rate.

So if the gpu is 200fps, the monitor is 165Hz. If the gpu is 50fps, the monitor is 50Hz. That avoids any stuttering or artifacts.

If the Gsync in the monitor isn't working correctly, you'll get the wierd stuff you are seeing.

You have 3 choices. Change monitor (rma, fix, buy new etc) or just don't use the Gsync feature. Lastly, you can try contacting...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Run msi Kombuster, and not just the standard fuzzy donut, but run the various different tests. I'm betting you'll find some look just fine, but others that use different engines will end up giving you those errors.

There's something in the card that's bunk. Not sure if a ball isn't making contact as it should or part of the silicon isn't kosher, but something in those particular engines isn't playing nice.

If it was drivers, I'm thinking the localized parts of the screen will artifact, not just streaks.

I'd check it using a different monitor as well, as it's entirely plausible it's a color frequency freak out.

jerry_96

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Run msi Kombuster, and not just the standard fuzzy donut, but run the various different tests. I'm betting you'll find some look just fine, but others that use different engines will end up giving you those errors.

There's something in the card that's bunk. Not sure if a ball isn't making contact as it should or part of the silicon isn't kosher, but something in those particular engines isn't playing nice.

If it was drivers, I'm thinking the localized parts of the screen will artifact, not just streaks.

I'd check it using a different monitor as well, as it's entirely plausible it's a color frequency freak out.
Well ok then. You could try a TV or different monitor as the other posters have said, You could see if there is an updated bios for your motherboard and update that, try the graphics card on a different system if you can. Still, I think it seems likely is a fault on the card.
What does mprt setting does guys?
I cant find any freesync setting to enable them.
This issue not happening if i turn off gsync via nvidia control panel

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Gsync happens at the monitor level, not the gpu as such. Inside the monitor is a special circuit that's made by/for nvidia and added. When you enable Gsync by control panel, that circuit is enabled and communicates with the gpu back and forth, physically changing your refresh rate to line up with the gpu output, upto the maximum monitor refresh. Gsync only works at below refresh rate.

So if the gpu is 200fps, the monitor is 165Hz. If the gpu is 50fps, the monitor is 50Hz. That avoids any stuttering or artifacts.

If the Gsync in the monitor isn't working correctly, you'll get the wierd stuff you are seeing.

You have 3 choices. Change monitor (rma, fix, buy new etc) or just don't use the Gsync feature. Lastly, you can try contacting the monitor tech support and see if they have any specific monitor drivers, bug fixes or tell you to return the monitor under warranty etc.

Solution

jerry_96

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

You have 3 choices. Change monitor (rma, fix, buy new etc) or just don't use the Gsync feature. Lastly, you can try contacting the monitor tech support and see if they have any specific monitor drivers, bug fixes or tell you to return the monitor under warranty etc.
Maybe that was the cause of my games artifacting, gsync is not working correctly as its not gsync compatible.