Question Rtx 2070 7001 mhz memory usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2019
This issue accrued out of nowhere, it started 6 months after using my gpu i tried to format and reinstall drivers in many ways still the same issue remained (7001 mhz memory usage)without even running any games etc, i'm pretty desperate can anyone help me ?

Nov 17, 2019
That's how it should be. You double that amount and you get 14k which is the rated memory speed. Many programs state the clock as half or quarter of what it is.

For example my GTX 1070 states 2002Mhz which when you multiply by 4 you get the rated 8k for memory.
First of all is my case normal secondly what i dont get why my memory usage skyrocketed from around 1400 mhz to 7001 mhz?

Your case is normal. When the GPU is not needed it goes to low power states that downclocks itself. Both GPU clock and memory clock are lower and when an application needs more power, the GPU goes to normal advertised clocks/speeds.

In my case while idle I have a core clock of 139Mhz and memory clock of 810Mhz. When I open a game, core clock goes to ~2000Mhz and memory clock to 8010Mhz.

Nov 17, 2019
First when i got my gpu in idle mode it used to not get further than 1400 mhz memory usage, now in idle mode it's always at 7001 mhz even if 0 applications running it's stuck at 7001 mhz. I use the gpu software that's called EXPERTOOL , i even used msi after burner however i got same results.

Apr 13, 2020
Hello i just create an acount to help You guys - have same issue with my rtx 2070 and already solved it

You have to uninstall gpu drivers and clean registy - i used DDU program at safe mode - then restart system and perform clean install gpu drivers - for me it helped, now it's idling at 405mhz, good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.