Question Rtx 2070 8gb fans not working !

Sep 9, 2019
Hi guys, i would appreciate your help !

I am using MSI Afterburner program not for OC just for monitoring temperature and put an extra 10%-15% fans power, for example i am playing a game and under load my gpu is working on 50 % fans (auto), i am going to add 15% for health and performance of my gpu.

Yesteday something very strange happened, i was playing a game and msi was left on auto. I felt some heat ( i mention the fact that i have the case close to me ) and i had a fps drop from 240 down to 70-100. When i checked the msi after burner, on auto he left the fans at 0% with 88 degrees in my gpu, i tought i forgot to set the fan at 65% and i tried to drag to 65 from 0 but it wouldnt let me bcs on auto you cant change the fan speed.
I closed auto and i got rpm to 70% and they started working and cooled my gpu. Today morning i tried to see if the issue is still there and yes, with msi opened or even closed on auto my gpu is not spining, it’s staying at 0% fan speed doesnt matter the load.

The pc is brand new, all the components , its like 2 months old and i didnt even open the case not even once .

My questions, how am i going to make my gpu work again on auto.. and the second one, is it possible for my gpu to get ant damage bcs it worked on 88 degrees for like 10 mins?

Thank you guys !

Sep 9, 2019
https://ibb.co/YNXhn0c , thats the way it was before and i just checked the box and its looking like that

https://ibb.co/bP7ZG5n

its like, default, btw when i got home from work today i tried again to play on auto and the fans arent spinning till ~60C , but at least they spin at all not staying on 0 and destroying my gpu with 88 degrees. and please if you have any ideea, for my health, would you answer to me at the second question, did the gpu take any dmg ?

James9002uk

Commendable
May 30, 2017
Have you checked the option for Afterburner to start at Windows start-up?
Have you saved the profile to the first option and saved it - You can lock it as well so nothing it changed next time round.

Also have you installed the manufacturers software as well? This can conflict with Afterburner - I suggest removing it if you have and just use Afterburner..