chrollo2k16

Prominent
Jan 4, 2019
Hey guys, I have an RTX 2070 ASUS Strix OC version and I'm having a bit of issues with it. Everytime I try to play a game it crashes within 5 minutes of gameplay (stock clock speeds btw) . Ive tried most advice given from previous threads and the only thing that prevents the crashes is underclocking the GPU. Whenever I underclock it, I'm able to run most games (most as in not rockstar games like gta v and rdr2) without crashing. I'm not 100% sure but I think my PSU might not have enough wattage.

I've tried using older drivers, newest drivers and everything! Im not sure what to do from here.

Specs:
RTX 2070 ASUS Strix OC
R7 2700
B450 Msi Gaming Pro Carbon AC
16gb 3200 G.Skill Trident Z DDR4
Fractal Meshify C
Corsair CX550 PSU

Solution
In theory you have enough wattage from the PSU. In comparison I run a 650W with no issues. I would consider upgrading the PSU to a 650W just to see if that helps

chrollo2k16

Prominent
Jan 4, 2019
In theory you have enough wattage from the PSU. In comparison I run a 650W with no issues. I would consider upgrading the PSU to a 650W just to see if that helps

Tried it with my friends PC and the same problems occured. Turns out it was a bad card. Returned it to the store and picked up a MSI Gaming X 2060 Super, thanks for the help!

TRENDING THREADS