RTX 2070 Drastically Underperforming

Feb 2, 2019
Hello, I recently picked up a msi rtx 2070 gamingz 8gb. I realized that my gpu was underperforming when my friend came to my house with his pc that has a 1060 3gb in it and getting more fps than me in fortnite. Both me and him play with the exact same settings at 1080p.
Same with Six Siege, I've watched benchmarks with the 2070 at ultra settings where they get 120+ fps whereas I only get 60fps.

System Specs:
OS - WIndows 10
CPU - Intel i5-7600k
GPU - MSI RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8GB
Ram - 16gb of ballistix sport ddr4 ram (Apparently it's running at 1202MHz when its advertised as 2,400?)
Motherboard - Asus PRIME Z270-AR

Please any help would be appreciated since I've tried everything that I can think of.

Feb 2, 2019

Vsync is turned off.

Thanks for the correction. My mistake.

Feb 2, 2019
My friend has an i7-8700. I didn't think that mattered as much since my gpu is a good amount better than his and the i7-8700 is only 12% better than mine according to UserBenchmark. It might matter though, I'm not sure.

No my cpu isn't overclocked.

WildCard999

Titan
A lot of newer games can utilize more then 4 cores nowadays so seeing quite a difference between your CPU and a 8700 isn't too surprising. If you have your 7600K on a Z170 or Z270 board and have good cooling I'd consider overclocking it to around 4.5ghz if not more if possible as that would help. The Intel Temperature Guide by CompuTronix is a great guide for overclocking your CPU and has all the necessary tools to do so.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html

Another way to check if your CPU is holding back the GPU a bit is to monitor usage, if the CPU is above the GPU then that can cause the lower FPS. Overclocking the CPU can help this out a bit but another thing to get higher GPU usage with Nvidia cards is to utilize Nvidia DSR, this will rendering the game at a higher resolution then scale it back to your native resolution. This often looks much better then some AA settings. I did this on anime style games as the initial appearance didn't look smooth at all then I ran 4X DSR and it then looked like the show/drawn.
https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dsr/technology