[SOLVED] RTX 2070 failed twice

cam_03

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
Hey guys, Need some thoughts please.
I have origonally had an RTX 2070 for approx 6months until it failed with the space invaders artifacts. RMA and supplier sent new one. 1 weeek later this one has failed in the same way.
Could this be an issue other than the GFX card? PSU? ram ect ect
PC SPECS:
i5-9600k
ASUS strix z390-h
inwin 850w gold psu inwin premium series pl850w
win 10
rtx2070
970 evo plus HDD
case Corsair carbide series 275r
Ram corsai vengence RGB pro 16gb ddr4 3000 cl15

Last edited:
Solution
What is the model of your RTX 2070? What brand and model?

Your problem has ZERO to do with it being an RTX card. Zero. Thousands and thousands of people have RTX cards, from 2060 to 2080 ti, and don't have your problems. Your problem is either a thermal issue killing the cards, a crap quality power supply or a bad motherboard. Either that, or your original card that failed was not actually replaced. Something is going on, but it is NOT the fact that you have an RTX 2070. There are literally fifty or more different models of RTX 2070 and they are all different in design, quality and performance, so to try and say that they all have the same issues or lack of issues or whatever, just makes no sense at all. That's just frustration talking.
No, the case isn't the problem. I was trying to figure out if you had an InWin case with one of their PSUs that come preinstalled, which suck, mostly.

There are no reviews for that InWin PSU, so it's hard to say whether it is decent quality or not. How old is it?

cam_03

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
all components march this year, all from the same shop. I wanted a smaller wattage EVGA PSU but hey substituted it for this model at no extra cost as they were out of stock.

I have asked them for full refund as i am completely put off from the rtx series at the moment. A 1000 NZD card should not have these issues. They should be more than solid. I would expect this from a cheaper model alternative.
I remember a 9800gtx+ ( top model at the time) performing above my expectations.
at almost 3x the price these cards are now a joke to me.

What is the model of your RTX 2070? What brand and model?

Your problem has ZERO to do with it being an RTX card. Zero. Thousands and thousands of people have RTX cards, from 2060 to 2080 ti, and don't have your problems. Your problem is either a thermal issue killing the cards, a crap quality power supply or a bad motherboard. Either that, or your original card that failed was not actually replaced. Something is going on, but it is NOT the fact that you have an RTX 2070. There are literally fifty or more different models of RTX 2070 and they are all different in design, quality and performance, so to try and say that they all have the same issues or lack of issues or whatever, just makes no sense at all. That's just frustration talking.

Solution

cam_03

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
Its a gigabyte rtx2070 GV-N2070 GAMING OC-*gb
. I have seen many article with almost identical problem. Even articles with 2/3/4 replacements with same issue.

I have bought all componts from the same shop so if the cause is from any other parts then they can replace.

cam_03

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
A similar one i have saved, Others out there, I just googled rtx artifacts.

Well, from the thousands that have been sold, those few problem threads don't seem to be any higher than the normal failure rates for any hardware component. I imagine you could find something similar no matter what the specific model of motherboard, graphics card, power supply or storage device was. Doesn't really mean much considering those all have varying degrees of different problems.

Perhaps you SHOULD see if you can get a refund and try your hand with something else. At least then you'd know it wasn't the graphics card or whatever the case turns out to be.

I have a 2060. No issues, at all. I know of literally thousands of people, hundreds of reviews, and personally at least ten systems I've put RTX cards into, none of which are having issues. Everything can have problems. The fact that you've had the same problems, the exact same problems, with two different graphics cards, tells me the problem is either a motherboard or power supply issue most likely. Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS