Question RTX 2070 is detected by Windows but will not output a display

dovah-chan

Honorable
I've been wracking my brain about this for days trying to figure out what is wrong with this thing. I have this Asus RTX 2070 ROG Strix that lights up and is detected by Windows. It will not give me an output to any display and I've tried doing it through HDMI and Displayport. I've tried 3 separate displays and 3 separate systems. I know the PCIe slot and the motherboard and PSU are all fine since they can run an RX 550, RX 580, and an R9 290X just fine.

I've tried reseating it, making sure the contacts are clean on the card and in the motherboard and in the output connectors. I've also tried switching between the performance BIOS and the Quiet one and it does work. Using AURA sync works as well (I'm doing all of this while having the RX 550 in as the GPU the monitor is plugged into). I've also tried disabling fast boot as I read that could cause problems but that is a futile effort as well.

The GPU has worked before but has only now just given me this error a few days ago after having it sit back in its box for a while. (Yes it was stored in the anti static bag).

I just have no idea what could be wrong with this thing.

The specs for the system I had it working in are as follows:
AMD Athlon X4 860K
Asus ROG Crossblade Motherboard (FM2+)
16GB 1833MHz Kingston Hyper X Fury RAM
EVGA 650W PSU (can't remember the model but I've also had it working on a Seasonic SSR-550RM)
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Any advice is appreciated immensely.