Question RTX 2070 low performance on Apex

Jul 8, 2019
I recently upgraded my old GPU for the more recent RTX 2070, but i seem to pretty low frames compared to what i was expecting and what benchmarks show.
I'm getting around 110 fps in Apex Legends on the lowest of graphics.

I've got the following specs:

Asus RTX 2070 Dual
Ryzen 7 2700x
HyperX Fury 16gb (2x8) 2133mhz ddr4 (Planning on upgrading it to 16gb 3200mhz in the near future)
EVGA Supernova 550 80+ gold

Any drivers that need updating, bottlenecking in the specs or anything else? All suggestions welcome!

What about all other PC games ? Have you tried playing some graphic demanding games on your new GPU ? If this is only related to APEX Legends, then this might either be a GPU driver, or a game issue. Rollback the drivers, if need be.

But, first try playing other graphic intensive games on your new GPU, if possible. You can also run some benchmark, and then check and compare your scores with other similar systems.

On what screen resolution are you gaming ? I don't think there is any serious bottlenecking here. What was your OLD GPU model ? Try doing a clean re-install of the GPU drivers, by using the DDU tool, if need be.

Jul 8, 2019
What about all other PC games ? Have you tried playing some graphic demanding games on your new GPU ? If this is only related to APEX Legends, then this might either be a GPU driver, or a game issue. Rollback the drivers, if need be.

But, first try playing other graphic intensive games on your new GPU, if possible. You can also run some benchmark, and then check and compare your scores with other similar systems.

On what screen resolution are you gaming ? I don't think there is any serious bottlenecking here. What was your OLD GPU model ? Try doing a clean re-install of the GPUd rivers, by using the DDU tool, if need be.

Haven't tried really demanding games, any suggestions? But i'm running on 1080p setup, and my old GPU was a MSI GTX 970 from like 4 years ago. So components wise there isn't a problem?