Question RTX 2070 not performing as expected in minecraft of all games.

Sep 9, 2019
So for some background, I built a computer about 6 months back with a friend who knows a lot more about them than I do... in terms of GPU we installed a NVidia GeForce RTX 2070, 32 GB of Ram, and for CPU an Itel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @3.70GHz.
As far as I understand this should be absolute overkill for minecraft, even on 2560x1440p which is what I play on, and I should be getting frames in the 1000s. However on a render distance of 12 chunks I'm only getting 315ish frames and when I turn on shaders such as seus on medium profile I fall to 40 frames. I would understand this if I was maxing out seus shaders as it is very intensive but on medium I would have thought I'd still be near 200.
I have 6GB of ram already allotted to minecraft with my launcher profile stating-Xmc10G -XX: +UnlockExperimentalVMOptions...
I have also updated my driver as of 2 hours before this post so that should not be the problem. Any help would be very much appreciated, I'm stumped
Other information: I'm playing on 1.14.4 with optifine installed
Minecraft is running Java: 1.8.0_221 64 bit
Minecraft is displaying it is using the correct graphics card.

FurryVengence

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
Anything over 100 frames honestly creates the most ideal experience you can get. Over 1000 frames your eyes couldn't actually see and Im not entirely sure you'd even be able to play it. Minecraft isn't the worlds most demanding game at least from what you see with visuals. However its game thats world keeps growing and getting larger.

Are you using some form of custom lighting for minecraft?

Sep 9, 2019
Anything over 100 frames honestly creates the most ideal experience you can get. Over 1000 frames your eyes couldn't actually see and Im not entirely sure you'd even be able to play it. Minecraft isn't the worlds most demanding game at least from what you see with visuals. However its game thats world keeps growing and getting larger.

Are you using some form of custom lighting for minecraft?

My problem is not with the default performance as I only have a 144hz monitor. My problem is that the performance should be higher across the board with the specs of my computer as I would like to run shaders (custom lighting for minecraft) and at least a 32x32 resource pack while getting 100+ frames while currently it drops me to below 40 frames. I have gone through and done the standard, optimized a lot of my pcs settings ie. Switching power plan to high performance, a mild overclock on the graphics card and while every other games performance has improved (I get 200+ frames on fortnite for example with all settings on epic) minecraft's has never changed making me wonder if theres some sort of setting I'm missing in optimizing my pc for java performance, or something else. It's also possible due to minecraft's poor optimization that my graphics card is performing as expected but I have had laptops in the past run the game just as well. That's why I'm hoping someone smarter than me knows something I dont bc everything I've done is from random internet guides.