[SOLVED] RTX 2070 OR RTX 2070 SUPER?

Jun 3, 2020
I am thinking about making a pc but I don´t know wich gpu to choose between the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Gaming OC 3X White 8G wich retails at 583€ in my country, and the Zotac Geforce RTX 2070 Mini Twin Fan 8GB GDDR6 wich retails at 427€, or any other RTX 2070. Or is there a HUGE difference compared with the 2080 that can make me upgrade for a MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Duke OC 8G or a Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 8G OC that retails for 700€.
The cpu I am going with is the amd ryzen 7 2700x or the ryzen 5 3600, I am not certain wich one is better.

Last edited:
Solution
I would go with the best that you can comfortably afford, although I'm not convinced that the Super models are really worth the cost over the base model at each level. A 2080 would be awesome but I'm still limping along with a 1080Ti that I got on a great deal when they first came out. It does everything that I need on 2 1440p monitors.

RealBeast

Titan
I am thinking about making a pc but I don´t know wich gpu to choose between the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Gaming OC 3X White 8G wich retails at 583€ in my country, and the Zotac Geforce RTX 2070 Mini Twin Fan 8GB GDDR6 wich retails at 427€, or any other RTX 2070. Or is there a HUGE difference compared with the 2080 that can make me upgrade for a MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Duke OC 8G or a Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 8G OC that retails for 700€.
The cpu I am going with is the amd ryzen 7 2700x or the ryzen 5 3600, I am not certain wich one is better.
It depends on the flexibility in your budget and what monitor(s) you use, 1080p, 1440p or 4K make a big difference in what you need. Also, the games that you play should factor into the choice (within budget constraints). And just to confuse things even more the Ampere cards are coming in the fall.

I usually go with NVIDIA because their drivers are IMO pretty much always better and updated faster. HERE is a recent review on the top cards that is worth a look.

Jun 3, 2020
It depends on the flexibility in your budget and what monitor(s) you use, 1080p, 1440p or 4K make a big difference in what you need. Also, the games that you play should factor into the choice (within budget constraints). And just to confuse things even more the Ampere cards are coming in the fall.

I usually go with NVIDIA because their drivers are IMO pretty much always better and updated faster. HERE is a recent review on the top cards that is worth a look.
I am going with 2 monitors 144hz full hd with gsync and I'm going to play mostly shoting games and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

RealBeast

Titan
I would go with the best that you can comfortably afford, although I'm not convinced that the Super models are really worth the cost over the base model at each level. A 2080 would be awesome but I'm still limping along with a 1080Ti that I got on a great deal when they first came out. It does everything that I need on 2 1440p monitors.

Solution