Question RTX 2070 SIGNIFICANTLY underperforming?

joeynz

Reputable
Jan 5, 2018
I just upgraded from my GTX 1070 to a RTX 2070 (Purchased secondhand), i even got a brand new 850w PSU to run it. I have a sensor panel which reads that i am being limited by power (Checked GPU-Z and it says the same). Even after maxing power limit on MSI afterburner i only get 102FPS in the Unigine heaven 4.0 benchmark at 1080P.......please help! surely this isnt normal?

Have i been scammed with a fake card or am i missing something?
My old 1070 PerfCap was always "Utalization", whereas now it is "PWR" or "Voltage Reliability" Or something else voltage related............either way in the standard heaven benchmark only 102 FPS?????

Ryzen 5 2600 - Stock
Gigabyte Windforce 2X RTX 2070 - Stock
16gb DDR4
EVGA SupaNova G5 850w

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You shouldn't buy a second hand card at this moment of time, considering all cards that are being sold for a bargain were used for mining in some manner, shape r form...meaning the GPU is as good as dead/crippled. What did you pay for the GPU? Also, did you use DDU to remove your prior GPU's drivers before you dropped in the RTX2070 on there? BIOS version for your motherboard? Make and model of said motherboard? OS version, not edition(if you're on Windows 10)?

Reactions: kurdtnz