[SOLVED] RTX 2070 SUPER 50-60%

Jul 4, 2020
Hi there, So i recently was lucky enough to purchase a RTX 2070 SUPER. I love it and its already transformed my experience, however I am only running at 50-60% usage most of a Warzone game and it bumps up to 80-90% end game strangely enough. My PC is quite an old build with a i7 4790k, overclocked to 4.4ghz base and boosts to around 4.7ghz. 16gb of ram and 3tb of storage. I have a feeling the CPU is bottle-necking but unfortunately I cannot upgrade to a better CPU (unless there's a better option for my current socket so I dont need a new MB, RAM and all that jazz) . Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

Solution
Hey Stefanos, So i took the plunge and got a R5 3600 with 3200mhx ram ad my CPU was on its last legs. Still getting around 60-70% GPU usage whilst playing Warzone and 70-80% CPU usage. The weird thing is, in the menus and just regular multiplayer i get 90+% usage and great FPS. Is it just Warzone isnt very optimised? Its as if somethings throttling.
Probably , warzone had many problems. I personally have the COD MW but i never played warzone i dont like it. What software do you use to monitor the temps and the usage? I have a 3700X (performs really close with 3600 at single core performance) and an RTX 2080 (performs really close with 2070 Super) i will update the game and try warzone to see how it will perform and i will post...
Hi there, So i recently was lucky enough to purchase a RTX 2070 SUPER. I love it and its already transformed my experience, however I am only running at 50-60% usage most of a Warzone game and it bumps up to 80-90% end game strangely enough. My PC is quite an old build with a i7 4790k, overclocked to 4.4ghz base and boosts to around 4.7ghz. 16gb of ram and 3tb of storage. I have a feeling the CPU is bottle-necking but unfortunately I cannot upgrade to a better CPU (unless there's a better option for my current socket so I dont need a new MB, RAM and all that jazz) . Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)
What resolution you are playing? COD MW uses a lot of the CPU like i saw 70-80% cpu usage with a Ryzen 7 3700X. If you are playing at 1080p then its bottleneck. You should either go up in resolution or change the CPU to reduce it.

Jul 4, 2020
This card is a bit overkill for 1080p. Especially paired with a quite old CPU. Probably it wont be the only game you will have bottleneck.
Yeah, it's part of a slow process upgrading it all really. Do you have any recommendations of what to CPU to go for next (on a bit of a budget to be honest).

Yeah, it's part of a slow process upgrading it all really. Do you have any recommendations of what to CPU to go for next (on a bit of a budget to be honest).
A cheap B450 , 16GB Ram 3200Mhz and a Ryzen 5 3600 should be a really good upgrade and enough for the GPU. In 2020 AMD will release the new generation too. You will be able to take a 4600 or a 3600 at lower price if you have to wait.

Jul 4, 2020
A cheap B450 , 16GB Ram 3200Mhz and a Ryzen 5 3600 should be a really good upgrade and enough for the GPU. In 2020 AMD will release the new generation too. You will be able to take a 4600 or a 3600 at lower price if you have to wait.

Thank you for your help! I will probably go for that, I have been wanting to switch to AMD!

Jul 4, 2020

Hey Stefanos, So i took the plunge and got a R5 3600 with 3200mhx ram ad my CPU was on its last legs. Still getting around 60-70% GPU usage whilst playing Warzone and 70-80% CPU usage. The weird thing is, in the menus and just regular multiplayer i get 90+% usage and great FPS. Is it just Warzone isnt very optimised? Its as if somethings throttling.

Probably , warzone had many problems. I personally have the COD MW but i never played warzone i dont like it. What software do you use to monitor the temps and the usage? I have a 3700X (performs really close with 3600 at single core performance) and an RTX 2080 (performs really close with 2070 Super) i will update the game and try warzone to see how it will perform and i will post again. But if every game you play performs as expected its probably just warzone problem.

Solution
Jul 4, 2020
Probably , warzone had many problems. I personally have the COD MW but i never played warzone i dont like it. What software do you use to monitor the temps and the usage? I have a 3700X (performs really close with 3600 at single core performance) and an RTX 2080 (performs really close with 2070 Super) i will update the game and try warzone to see how it will perform and i will post again. But if every game you play performs as expected its probably just warzone problem.

Yeah fair enough, I tend to use both HWMonitor regularly and MSI Afterburner when I want a graph over time. Im suspecting its Warzone related, so far really like this CPU though! If you're updating the game make sure you've got 1tb spare XD

Yeah fair enough, I tend to use both HWMonitor regularly and MSI Afterburner when I want a graph over time. Im suspecting its Warzone related, so far really like this CPU though! If you're updating the game make sure you've got 1tb spare XD
I run the cod warzone. I lower the resolution to 1080 most of the time i get above 90% usage around 95% and the fps above 110 fps. The usage can drop to like 75-80% if you get into a house but that normal. If i increase the resolution to 1440p it will be most of the time 99% GPU usage. I monitor them from MSI afterburner. You should search and try fixes for fps drops in warzone and i dont believe it has to do anything with the hardware.

Jul 4, 2020
I run the cod warzone. I lower the resolution to 1080 most of the time i get above 90% usage around 95% and the fps above 110 fps. The usage can drop to like 75-80% if you get into a house but that normal. If increase the resolution to 1440p it will be most of the time 99% GPU usage. I monitor them from MSI afterburner.
Ok cool, FPS wise its similar to mine. I have the textures and all that as low as poss to try squeeze as much FPS as poss so i guess it is what it is. Thanks for the help :D

Ok cool, FPS wise its similar to mine. I have the textures and all that as low as poss to try squeeze as much FPS as poss so i guess it is what it is. Thanks for the help :D
I tested with everything at highest setting prossible. The lower the resolution and the graphics settings the more cpu demanding it will be and you will probably see a lower GPU usage. I know low settings are better for these type of games because you can easier see enemies hiding in the grass.

Jul 4, 2020
I tested with everything at highest setting prossible. The lower the resolution and the graphics settings the more cpu demanding it will be and you will probably see a lower GPU usage. I know low settings are better for these type of games because you can easier see enemies hiding in the grass.

Yeah, understandable thanks for your help though. What settings and features shall i turn on for this CPU? I've boosted the RAM and installed the latest drivers for the CPU so i have the power plan set to balanced, anything else you would recommend?