[SOLVED] RTX 2070 Super and Corsair VS650 ?

Enix1212

Prominent
Oct 19, 2019
Hi,

I wanna upgrade from my GTX 1060 to RTX 2070 Super Mini and my PSU is Corsair VS650 (Orange coloured label, Unrated) (2.5 Years old). Would it be safe to use my new card and i5 8400 with this PSU ? I am not planning to upgrade my CPU currently.

Last edited:
Solution
How do I put this delicately?

HELL NO!!

The MODERN version of the Corsair VS power supplies are not meant for the rigors of gaming. Mostly for office PCs with integrated graphics, or maybe a VERY LOW end discrete GPU.

As for the older orange labeled ones . . you are asking for a disaster.

Click on the first link in my signature. That is your MUST-READ for getting a decent PSU.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

HELL NO!!

The MODERN version of the Corsair VS power supplies are not meant for the rigors of gaming. Mostly for office PCs with integrated graphics, or maybe a VERY LOW end discrete GPU.

Click on the first link in my signature. That is your MUST-READ for getting a decent PSU.

Reactions: Archaic59
Solution

Enix1212

Prominent
Oct 19, 2019

HELL NO!!

Hey,

Alright, Thanks. Do you think Antec Atom B650 80+ Bronze would be safe and sufficient for my build ?