Question RTX 2070 Super black screens my computer if I reinstall the tempered glass side panel.

A Quincy Joker

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2013
I recently replaced my GTX 1660 Super with an RTX 2070 Super Founder’s Edition. It seems to be overheating whenever I play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for 20-30 minutes. I took the glass panel off and it seems to have alleviated the issue. However, I feel I shouldn’t have to compromise great performance by removing my tempered glass side panel. If I don’t remove it my computer crashes and remains in low power mode until I reset the system. I thought perhaps underclocking could be a solution, but I believe it may be a temperature issue causing my graphics card to shut off (RGB still on). My keyboard and mouse lose their rgb and power as well until the system is restarted.

No apparent critical error messages in Windows Event Viewer and no signs of BSOD. Just GPU failure to my display and some minor power failure to my peripherals. All else is fine? Orange light on Mobo when it happens.

My PC Specs:
Case - Corsair Crystal 460X (3 Front RGB Fans, and one Exhaust Fan)
Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.3 GHz OC
AMD Wraith Prism RGB LED CPU Fan
Trident-Z RGB 16 GB 3200 MHz
RTX 2070 Super 8 GB Founder’s Edition
Corsair 1200 watt Platinum PSU
ASUS ROG x470-F Gaming Motherboard
Samsung 860 500GB SSD
1 TB Seagate HDD 7200 rpm
2180x1080 Native Res Ultrawide Curved LG Monitor.
Ambient Temps 70-80 F

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, the case does have glass in front of the intake fans, how big are the vents on side of case to let air in? Have you tried temps without front panel glass? just curious.

What are temps of motherboard during the crashes?