[SOLVED] RTX 2070 Super Crash

Apr 29, 2020
So i recently bought a MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio. Performance is good and im very happy with it. Only problem is that it crashes sometimes. The Screen will turn black and the fans ramp up. I can remote control the PC and I can see that the PC is then on a very low resolution.
Already used DDU to clean install drivers and checked for any updates.
It seems that im not the only one with that problem.

CPU Ryzen 2600 no OC
Ram 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz
Mainboard X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (second latest BIOS because latest is Beta)
PSU BeQuiet PurePower9 500W Modular

Can anybody help me with this?

Solution
Could be anything really, need more info.

Check for firmware upgrades on the MSI Graphics card, motherboard firmware updates, update the graphics driver, or rollback to an older version depending on the results.

You can open up "event viewer" and check under "system logs" and see what errors are listed, if any repeat, and the process associated with the error.
Yes it Might Might Be your PSU not giving it enough power you need a 650W PSU because Recommended System Power 650W so that could be reason it keeps crashing so would stop using your computer to be on safe side because you could hurt the PSU by overheating it and if it blows up or fails could take your parts with it!

Apr 29, 2020
Yes it Might Might Be your PSU not giving it enough power you need a 650W PSU because Recommended System Power 650W so that could be reason it keeps crashing so would stop using your computer to be on safe side because you could hurt the PSU by overheating it and if it blows up or fails could take your parts with it!
Already hear that too. But its not a cheap china PSU. BeQuiet is not a bad company. Still I was also thinking the PSU could be too weak but I dont think thats the problem here. I had an RX 590 OC before and had never power problems.

Already hear that too. But its not a cheap china PSU. BeQuiet is not a bad company. Still I was also thinking the PSU could be too weak but I dont think thats the problem here. I had an RX 590 OC before and had never power problems.

Its not about being cheap or from china its weak now since you upgraded to much powerful GPU that needs 650W PSU so suggest that you buy Good PSU and stop using your GPU in that computer until you have the power to play it and only reason it works with RX 590 OC because your PSU can power it since its an 50W diffrence where this one is 150W diffrence with good GPU and you only started having faults with this gpu so that clear suggest that could be the PSU is not giving enough power to gpu!

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020
Its not about being cheap or from china its weak now since you upgraded to much powerful GPU that needs 650W PSU so suggest that you buy Good PSU and stop using your GPU in that computer until you have the power to play it and only reason it works with RX 590 OC because your PSU can power it since its an 50W diffrence where this one is 150W diffrence with good GPU and you only started having faults with this gpu so that clear suggest that could be the PSU is not giving enough power to gpu!
Actually I played all day long since today morning and no crashes. I actually think that is AC Odyssey that keeps crashing. I will keep stressing the PC.

Apr 30, 2020

Check for firmware upgrades on the MSI Graphics card, motherboard firmware updates, update the graphics driver, or rollback to an older version depending on the results.

You can open up "event viewer" and check under "system logs" and see what errors are listed, if any repeat, and the process associated with the error.

Solution
Apr 29, 2020

Anything up to date. Except Bios. GPU Bios is also up to date. Rollback didnt help yesterday. System log only says the driver stopped working. Played for 4 hours straight now with no crash so far. I saw that windows update installed AMD PSP device over Windows update. Could it be that some "drivers" were missing?

Apr 29, 2020
I would not risk my gaming computer anyway but 500W may work but you never know hope you get more answers!
Do you think the BeQuiet Straight Power 11 Platinum 650 or 750 would be sufficent? And if yes 650 or 750? Only costs a couple euros difference in my country.
Also there were no crashes today at all. Seems to be fixed for now.