Question Rtx 2070 super fans slowing down for 1 second then going back to normal speed.

Aug 28, 2020
I recently bought my first pc and i noticed that my gpu fans slow down for 1 second then go back to the speed that i set them at. So if i have them at 2700 rpm they will go to 1700 then back to 2700.I also tried custom fan curves and this still happens. I have a b450 mobo, 16 gb of ram, ryzen 5 3600 and a 600w psu. Does anyone know why this is happening?Thanks in advance.

bishopi5

Distinguished
It's called FAN STOP, its a feature put into most modern cards nowdays, it will stop the fans completely when the card is idling usually at around 40-50c, unfortuantly it dosen't always work great, if ur sitting in the sweet spot it will never actaully stop, just constant restarting like u have mentioned. Just download the software for your GPU and you will be able to deactivate it. What BRAND is ur 2070

Aug 28, 2020
It's called FAN STOP, its a feature put into most modern cards nowdays, it will stop the fans completely when the card is idling usually at around 40-50c, unfortuantly it dosen't always work great, if ur sitting in the sweet spot it will never actaully stop, just constant restarting like u have mentioned. Just download the software for your GPU and you will be able to deactivate it. What BRAND is ur 2070
I don't think it's fan stop. My issue only happens when gaming. If i set my fans to 100% while idle they will stay there, but if im gaming and they are at 100% they will slow down 1 second then go back up. This happens about every 5 seconds. My gpu brand is Gainward or Palit, they are the same manufcaturer.
This is while gaming.
Z3e1x3.png

This is while idle.
Hs2zfV.png

I also noticed that my fan rpm sometimes spikes to 5000 in the first picture.

bishopi5

Distinguished
So if you set you're fans to 100% idle, it stays 100% in desktop, But if you are gaming it still slows down? every 5 seconds? Even set at 100%? What software are you using to set the fan speed? GPU-Z? Can you try different software? MSI afterburner or something

Aug 28, 2020
So if you set you're fans to 100% idle, it stays 100% in desktop, But if you are gaming it still slows down? every 5 seconds? Even set at 100%? What software are you using to set the fan speed? GPU-Z? Can you try different software? MSI afterburner or something
Yes, if im idle and have my fans at 100 they stay there, but when im gaming and have them at 100 they slow down. I tried msi afterburner and this still happens.