[SOLVED] RTX 2070 Super , Gaming X vs Gaming X trio

DylanDB

Reputable
Dec 6, 2016
Hi guys,

As i am looking to buy a RTX 2070 Super to finish my build, i noticed something.
I want the MSi Gaming X Trio RTX 2070Super, but that card is 328mm long, and my Fractal Design Meshify C only supports a card of 315mm long, with a normal (25mm thick) fan in front of it.
Now i can just put the fan that comes in the case, on the upper slot of front panel, and just take that as a intake. But will that give me much higher temps?
Is it also possible, that i put a Scythe Slipstream Slim as second fan? Those fans are 12mm thick, so i'd have the maximum length of my total case , because they say you can fit a GPU of 315mm long with a fan of 25mm thick.
With the Scythe Slipstream Slim i would get 328mm for my card, and 12mm for the fan, so that would be the same. Or would that fan be <Mod Edit>, and give me almost no intake? Link to fan : http://www.scythe-eu.com/en/products/fans/slip-stream-120-mm-slim.html

Also do you guys think RTX 2070Super is overkill to give me 240fps on esport title with esport settings (mostly everything low and medium)
As i have to buy a new screen and can get the Dell Alienware AW2518HF for 260€ new.

And last but not the least question, is there a massive difference in temperatures between the Gaming X Trio and the normal Gaming X?

My build is :

Ryzen 7 3700 X
2x8 GB 3600MHz CL16 GSKILL TRIDENT Z NEO
B450 Tomahawk Max
Corsair RM750x

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
In regards to the fps this depends also on the resolution you play in.

In regards of the difference Gaming X vs Gaming X Trio. The Gaming Trio has a higher power draw and therefore should reach higher boost clocks. The higher temperatures are compensated by a more massive cooler. I theory the Gaming X Trio should be a little faster, but the silicon lottery still takes part and you can be lucky or unlucky and get very good, good or just ok chip. Both cards generally will perform in the same ballpark area......we talking differences in the single digit percentages....

mjbn1977

Distinguished
In regards to the fps this depends also on the resolution you play in.

In regards of the difference Gaming X vs Gaming X Trio. The Gaming Trio has a higher power draw and therefore should reach higher boost clocks. The higher temperatures are compensated by a more massive cooler. I theory the Gaming X Trio should be a little faster, but the silicon lottery still takes part and you can be lucky or unlucky and get very good, good or just ok chip. Both cards generally will perform in the same ballpark area......we talking differences in the single digit percentages....

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS