Question [RTX 2070 SUPER] GIGABYTE WINDFORCE OC 3X 8G vs ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

!me

BANNED
Oct 20, 2019
I have a 144Hz 1440p G-SYNC monitor and I decided to upgrade my current GTX 1070 to an RTX 2070 SUPER.

I plan to buy locally and I found these two:

1. ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme (ZT-T20710B-10P).
  2. GIGABYTE WINDFORCE OC 3X 8G ( GV-N207SWF3OC-8GD)
The ZOTAC comes with a higher factory OC, but it also costs $50 more (locally).

The question is, is it worth it? My concern is not actually the OC, but more importantly the cooling solution and overall build quality.

I'm wondering if it's better to save that $50 and just overclock the card myself or just stick with the ZOTAC and pay more?

Last edited:

!me

BANNED
Oct 20, 2019
My issue with ther Zotac is the backplate. I believe this is the one that has a backplate that isn't mounted on the PCB but has risers so it's kinda floating above the card.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but backplates usually have little to no impact on thermals. I remember this video from a couple of years ago that tested this particular issue.

!me

BANNED
Oct 20, 2019
More of a clearance issue and now they actually are being used to draw heat away with companies putting thermal pads on the PCB where the chip and memory is.

That's an interesting point. Here are the dimensions:

1. ZOTAC: L=308mm W=113mm H=57mm
  2. GIGABYTE: L=286 W=114 H=50 mm

As for how effective the cooling solution, I'm not sure (hence my question). I found a video review for the ZOTAC and its temperature was 68c under load, but I don't know about the GIGABYTE though.

Slightly off-topic, it does piss me off a bit that neither cards have USB-C port though.

Status
Not open for further replies.