[SOLVED] RTX 2070 super low usage in game.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Doutor

Honorable
Aug 18, 2015
A few weeks ago I bought a new desktop. It came with a faulty HDD so as of right now I'm playing games on my ssd.

Last week I was playing Metro Exodus and it ran really well, but after a day or two the game started to get choppy and laggy. I opened task manager and noticed the game was using 0% of my GPU. As I already had finished the game I uninstalled it and installed Battlefield 5. Again for the first day it was running perfectly, no stutters or anything. Now today I went to play and it was unplayable. Bad framerates, bad stutters every two seconds. I opened task manager and yet again it's using close to 0% of the gpu, it was constantly about 2-3% never more than that.

My specs are:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Gigabyte RTX 2070 super Gaming OC
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz Cl16
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Max Wifi
Corsair CX650M Semi Modular PSU

What might be causing this problem? I have it so on nvidias control panel it's set to max performance and both my monitors are connected to my graphics card not to my motherboard.

What might be causing this issue? It was running fine the first day I play a certain game then it stops working correctly...

Solution
Yes it is, but I managed to find out how to fix it. I had to use a tool provided by windows themselves. I'm currently installing drivers, and will soon reinstall battlefield and see it works fine. Though it worked fine the first time I played so I really can't be sure from the first hours
Good but I wouldn't install Geforce experience...just the NVidia driver.
Aug 3, 2020
That's really strange than. I would advise you to start a thread about it. I wish I could help but I myself don't really know much about what to troubleshoot. It's a shame it didn't fix it for you like it fixed mine :(
It Okay, just keep me updated if you manage to fix your DX12, thats the last thing i can try i guess haha.