[SOLVED] RTX 2070 SUPER Noise at display ports? Need GPU reccomandation.

Feb 14, 2020
Hello!
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ycCNx6
I am trying to figure out what is going on with this noise. I have a slight buzzing noise coming from the back of the GPU near the display ports. This noise only occurs during games.
I have the Gigabyte Windforce to a HP 25x 144hz 1080p monitor with DP cables.
For example:
Outerworlds: Buzzes in title, gameplay, pause, but stops in inventory/journal menu. (can trigger on and off in game)
Farming Sim 19: Buzzes all the time.
Sound is much more quiet in applications like Furmark tho.
I upgraded from a Gigabyte GTX 1060 gb that was barely audible.
Is this just coil whine as usual? Or is there an issue with the PSU or DP cable?

Is there a 2070s that is known for being quiet?

Solution
It's definitely coil whine. It's not solely the cause of the model card you have but from the simple fact that the 2070s is drawing in a lot of power into such a small component, a sad fact of being in a mid to high tier card group (I have a 2080Ti and suffer the same issue). Fortunately for me and some others the noise starts to get lower after a while. At first I thought it was my HDD starting to fail but once I realized I slowly got used to it. You can try to opt for another card but you're essentially playing the lottery as to which card has the whine and which one doesn't.
It's definitely coil whine. It's not solely the cause of the model card you have but from the simple fact that the 2070s is drawing in a lot of power into such a small component, a sad fact of being in a mid to high tier card group (I have a 2080Ti and suffer the same issue). Fortunately for me and some others the noise starts to get lower after a while. At first I thought it was my HDD starting to fail but once I realized I slowly got used to it. You can try to opt for another card but you're essentially playing the lottery as to which card has the whine and which one doesn't.

Solution