Question RTX 2070 Super or Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+

Sep 22, 2019
Hello, I am wondering what is a good GPU for VR. I looked at Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+ and it looks absolutely stunning and gorgeous. I also looked at its performance and thats nothing to laugh at. However, I have always been using nvidia as my gpu, and I don't know which to choose now. I am looking to get into VR.

Newtonius

Notable
Sep 25, 2019
Depending on what the prices are near you, the 2070 is better in performance but about 100$ more. The FPS difference isn't usually worth the extra 100$. But if you find one around the same price as the 5700XT then go for the 2070. If you can't find a good deal for the 2070, go for the 5700XT.

Sep 7, 2019
If I could go back 3 months I would not have bought my Powercolor 5700XT and would have paid extra for nvidia. If you read many posts on this forum, a lot more people are having issues with the 5700xt than new nvidia cards. I had to RMA mine after 1 month of using it due to black screens, and many people share the same issues. No1 can pinpoint the problem (not even powercolor which I am in contact with), but people tend to say its AMD's drivers that are messing the card up.

I have not had any new nvidia products so I cannot attest to their quality, but for me as a user, if I could turn back time, I'd get an nvidia one and not care about the money.

Best of luck!

Sep 22, 2019
Thanks, getting a little bit worried now. I am hoping for the best! The card I bought was Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+, lets hope I won't have those issues.

Sep 7, 2019
Sorry, that was not my intent :)

I would say, try it out, latest drivers, etc, but if it blackscreens on you a few times, return it and do not look back.

Mine did that a few times and a restart would fix it, to the point where it never turned back on again.

curious to hear in due course

Sep 22, 2019
Sorry, that was not my intent :)

I would say, try it out, latest drivers, etc, but if it blackscreens on you a few times, return it and do not look back.

Mine did that a few times and a restart would fix it, to the point where it never turned back on again.

curious to hear in due course
Oh, yeah, I can do that. Thanks <3

Aug 31, 2019
was passing through and seen this thread. I have the sapphire nitro+ 5700 XT. I love it but AMD drivers are a real pain im currently going through a RMA atm with mine due to the latest drivers causing black screen and now cant play a game for more than a minute. Heres hoping my replacement works fine and i hope you're having good luck with yours but in future I'll either wait a few months before updating drivers or i shall go to nvidia, depending on the RMA results

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS