[SOLVED] RTX 2070 SUPER STUTTERING AND HITCHING.

Dec 21, 2020
I don’t know what caused this, I updated my nvidia drivers a few updates ago alongside a bios update and a chipset drivers update. Now everything stutters and lags. For example in Microsoft edge, scrolling causes stutters and brief flickering. In games, I can notice a stutter every now and then. For example I’m CSGO, loading screens and initially loading drops frames to 1fps, and I notice hitching while in match. It’s still playable but the stutters and hitches are noticeable. Also, I notice that when closing any apps it also happening, I don’t know what the cause is but I’ve done rvery thing to try and fix it, reinstall clean drivers, reinstall windows, update chipset drivers, try different motherboard slots for gpu. Here are my specs, someone please help me I’m really losing my mind here.
ASUS TUF-GAMING X570 PLUS MB
AMD RYZEN 5 3600 STOCK SETTINGS
2x8 Patriot Viper @ 2133 MHZ
EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER BLACK STOCK
EVGA 600W 80+ PSU.

Solution
Well, first thing that comes to mind is that your ram is running at stock speeds. Ram @2133MHz and RYZEN is like driving a supercar with deflated tires.
View: https://youtu.be/azFYdiH9Hns

When you updated BIOS, you most probably forget to enable the XMP / DOCP profile (I am guessing you did buy faster than 2133 MHz RAM)
I agree RAM speed is terrible for Ryzen but the OP’s problem as I understand it is new since doing updates which would mean it’s not a hardware problem.

The first thing I would try is removing the gpu driver with DDU, rebooting, then reinstalling the latest gpu driver.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
I also agree that OP should use DDU but he did mention that beside the other updates, he did a bios update, which correct me if I'm wrong, resets the settings.

Dec 21, 2020
Ah you are thinking it reset RAM to 2133mhz and it was higher before? I see. Will need OP to confirm. I read it as always 2133mhz but worth checking.
Hey sorry for late response It was working fine before updates and I had it at 2133 MHz. I tried increasing speed but same results, so I can’t say that it was ram related. I also changed my psu to EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Supernova G5, problem still persists. What can I do now?