[SOLVED] Rtx 2070 Underperforming?

Aug 21, 2019
I have an asus rog strix rtx 2070 and wonder if its underperforming. In farcry 5, on 1080p max settings, and I only average probably 90fps. My other specs are i7-9700k at 4.7ghz, and 16gb ram at 2666mhz. It seems like I should be around the 100-110 range, but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance!

Solution
Is the ram single or dual channel? If it's a single stick, that could be it. You would lose out potentially on 10-15% in gaming (game dependent).

Use seomthing like HWMon/Info, and run it along side a game. You can alt-tab out of the game, and take a screenshot of HWMon and post it here.

It will give us an idea of any issues going on and will show us metrics for CPU/GPU/Ram temps/voltage/max-min values.

Obviously try all the normal stuff. Clean driver install, system drivers updated etc
Is the ram single or dual channel? If it's a single stick, that could be it. You would lose out potentially on 10-15% in gaming (game dependent).

Use seomthing like HWMon/Info, and run it along side a game. You can alt-tab out of the game, and take a screenshot of HWMon and post it here.

It will give us an idea of any issues going on and will show us metrics for CPU/GPU/Ram temps/voltage/max-min values.

Obviously try all the normal stuff. Clean driver install, system drivers updated etc

Solution
Aug 21, 2019

It is dual channel memory, 2x 8gb sticks. I have tried the fresh driver installs and updating everything. I’m guessing what you told me about is something I can download? I’ll download it and put up a screenshot tonight or tomorrow. Thanks so much for the help!