Prominent
Jan 16, 2019
I just finished building my computer
i7-8700k
RTX 2070
16GB Corsair ram
Asus Ultra Gaming 2.0 Wifi Z370 Motherboard
Windows 10 Home

The max resolution is somewhere around 1000x800 and games either open and have 0.1 fps if lucky if not there are 0 fps on all games. I thought my graphics card could've needed drivers as some games like CS:GO do not even open but when I try install some from Nvidia it says "You don't have windows 10" (side note this is licensed and not hacked). I have an 850W power supply but my plug may be only a 220W. Could this be the reason for my graphics card to be such a potato? I was thinking this was the answer as even just the base clock speed of this computer is likely over 220W. I would like to know if it's drivers, power or something else. Thanks for your time!

Solution
Are your nvidia drivers up to date? You want a fully updated windows 10 and make sure your gpu is seated and plugged i to your moniter. It sounds like it is rendering in software mode. A simmilar thing hppens to me when my gpu has a failed oc during a benchmark.

ruscoedo

Prominent
Jan 16, 2019

My monitor is plugged into a graphics card and it was a completely fresh install

Are your nvidia drivers up to date? You want a fully updated windows 10 and make sure your gpu is seated and plugged i to your moniter. It sounds like it is rendering in software mode. A simmilar thing hppens to me when my gpu has a failed oc during a benchmark.

Solution