Question rtx 2080, 30 fps...

May 26, 2019
I just built a gaming rig with:

Palit RTX 2080
Ryzen 5 2600x
8x2 3200mhz corsair vengeance RAM
Msi gaming pro carbon ac b450

When building this my goal was to achieve great FPS in all games, such as fortnite endgame with 40+ players in end zones. But on fortnite I get max 180 fps but I drop to 30 all the time, so I’m basicly playing with 30 fps constantly and its almost unplayable... Anyone know what could cause this? (My settings on fortnite is view distance on epic and the rest on low)

g-unit1111

Titan
First thing to do would be to update your GPU driver to the most recent version and your motherboard's BIOS to the most recent version. Also install ALL Windows updates to the most current version.

If that doesn't work then the issue more likely lies with your operating system install.

May 26, 2019
First thing to do would be to update your GPU driver to the most recent version and your motherboard's BIOS to the most recent version. Also install ALL Windows updates to the most current version.

If that doesn't work then the issue more likely lies with your operating system install.
Then it’s probably in my operating system as you said, but how do I deal with that?