[SOLVED] RTX 2080 Bios flash of other model (Gigabyte RTX 2080 Turbo OC to Gaming OC)

Jan 3, 2019
Hi,
I have a Gigabyte RTX 2080 Turbo OC with a modified cooler (Arctic Accellero). Sadly I can't increase the power target above 106%. Even with my OC my card will not exceed 58°C under synthetic load (thanks to the improved cooler). I heard that you can flash other BIOSes of other graphics cards on RTX cards.

The Gigabyte RTX 2080 Gaming OC seems to have the same PCB (when visually compared to one another) and according to Techpowerup's bios collection the max power that can be drawn seems much higher.

My question: If the flashing doesn't work, is it possible to unbrick a card? Has anybody got the chance to gather any experience on flashing bioses on RTX cards? Would you take the risk?

Thank you for comments and best wishes
Steve

Solution
Not worth it and yes you do end up with a bricked card when flashing goes upside down. I wouldn't since I know the people at the factory will void my warranty the moment they find out I flashed the card to get them to this point.

Lutfij

Titan
Not worth it and yes you do end up with a bricked card when flashing goes upside down. I wouldn't since I know the people at the factory will void my warranty the moment they find out I flashed the card to get them to this point.

Solution