Question RTX 2080 Gigabyte Gaming OC fans off behaviour

Mar 5, 2023
Since I got this GPU, I noticed that when playing some less demanding games, and temps stay between 58-61, the fans bellow 60 are turned off, and then when temp going up to around 59-ish, they sounds like they trying to spins up 3-4 times and then starting spinning slowly (normally)

Is this normal behaviour of Gigabyte GPUs ? Or something is messed up with bios ? 90.04.23.40.6F

On gigabyte website, there's a bios update but (only for microns) when I have Samsungs.

All works as should be, but this odd fans behaviour is new for me 😅

That's perfectly fine. Your GPU supports the 0dB FAN STOP technology. The 3D Active Fan provides semi-passive cooling, and the fans will remain OFF when the GPU is in a low load or low power.

If the temps are below 60C, the fans won't spin. Nothing is wrong with your GPU. Which PSU are you using ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Inver_ShaRingan
Mar 5, 2023
That's perfectly fine. Your GPU supports the 0dB FAN STOP technology. The 3D Active Fan provides semi-passive cooling, and the fans will remain OFF when the GPU is in a low load or low power.

If the temps are below 60C, the fans won't spin. Nothing is wrong with your GPU. Which PSU are you using ?
NZXT H1 PSU in H1 case, but the thing is that I know how to 0db fans works. I was wondering about fans trying to speed up to after 3 times of spining up and down, finally start run.

TRENDING THREADS