[SOLVED] RTX 2080 high GPU temps (4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 (MSI))

Jan 29, 2020
My GPU is spiking up to 80 degrees while playing games like PUBG, GTA, or even FF14. I think its mainly and airflow issue, although not sure the best route to help decrease temps. My case is a Fractal Design Define R6, I have 3 x 120mm exhaust fans on the front, 1 x 140mm exhaust on bottom, and 1 x 120mm intake fan at rear, then 2 120mm intake liquid CPU cooler (corsair) on top.

My case sits 5 inches from the floor, hence why i tried switching my fans. I did notice a 10 degree change once i opened my tempered glass door. Any suggestions for fans/cooling? or am i better off getting a better case, also suggestions on best cooling cases for the RTX GPUs. Thanks!

I had that setup initially and was getting high temps to tried reversing the fans like how it is now
Higher temps than current or same? I also much prefer the way phaaze said. Definitely try the fan curve on the gpu and see if it helps.

Are you running with the "open" layout? Have you tried with the front "door" open instead of sealed. Door closed it's more of a quiet focused case, open it allows a ton more airflow. I'd also test with and without the bottom fan, as imo, in this case it does little to nothing other than add noise.

Jan 29, 2020
Higher temps than current or same? I also much prefer the way phaaze said. Definitely try the fan curve on the gpu and see if it helps.

Are you running with the "open" layout? Have you tried with the front "door" open instead of sealed. Door closed it's more of a quiet focused case, open it allows a ton more airflow. I'd also test with and without the bottom fan, as imo, in this case it does little to nothing other than add noise.

Same temps. ya i have left the front "door" open which makes the fans a bit louder, but ya your probably right about the bottom fan. I did make adjustments to the fan curve which is showing some promise. Just ran GTA and let it run for 40 mins.. temps hovering 67-68 degrees, way better than 80.

I may try going back to phaaze recommendation now that i can adjust the curve speed, see if any difference,

Dec 27, 2019
Same temps. ya i have left the front "door" open which makes the fans a bit louder, but ya your probably right about the bottom fan. I did make adjustments to the fan curve which is showing some promise. Just ran GTA and let it run for 40 mins.. temps hovering 67-68 degrees, way better than 80.

I may try going back to phaaze recommendation now that i can adjust the curve speed, see if any difference,

Almost a 20 degree difference is huge. Maybe after a few months of running the card under heavy loads you can change the thermal paste and could also help in temperature by a few degrees.

Dec 27, 2019
Nice that must be super convenient! Sometimes the thick power cables and disrupt air flow in a case (happened to me learned the hardway). Small things like this helps out!

Jan 2, 2020
the case itself makes it quite simple at overseeing and concealing link. I spent alot of time with youtube recordings with rope the executives and exquisite zip ties xD

TRENDING THREADS